• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout III

Bug Dr.

Reaction score
Visit site
When: April 7-10, 2016
Where: The Hub
The Hub--Mid America's Motorcycle Resort 800-597-9963

Camping: no reservation needed....find a flat spot and throw your tent on the ground. Cost is $10/night. There are two converted motel rooms so the campers can shower. Probably only one will be open since there will be few campers.

Motel: Make your reservations ASAP. There is no cancellation fee. Might as well get your name in the hat now.

There is great riding in the area in every direction. No formal group rides but we usually meet and eat at different locations and ride in small groups or individually......very casual arrangement. This is a laid-back, slow-paced gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts. It's not a rally!

Always ride what ya brung and ride your own pace.

Can't wait to see my old NC friends and hopefully meet some new ones.

Thought this needed to be a new thread. It would be great if a mod could move relevant posts from Hangout II to this thread.
Mike

Room reserved downstairs by the fire pit. Vacation request completed. :D I'll ride up early Friday morning the 8th in time for lunch at Low Gap, then leave the afternoon of the 10th. Debbie is such a nice person, it's always nice to chat with her :)

IIRC, last year we waited around for the sleet to turn into rain before we went to lunch. I hung out in the shower room drinking coffee. I won't get cold inside the tent.....it's when I get out and stand around that I start looking for cover. Several Jetboils were in use by the tenters last year making coffee.

BTW, add me to the camping list.
Mike

Where is this event being held and what are the dates? I've just joined this forum and have a 2012 NC700X. Have had it a month and have put about 1K miles on it so far. 70 miles today just tooling around testing out my new risers. If it's close I might be able to attend.

Where is this event being held and what are the dates? I've just joined this forum and have a 2012 NC700X. Have had it a month and have put about 1K miles on it so far. 70 miles today just tooling around testing out my new risers. If it's close I might be able to attend.

The first post should have all of the info you are looking for. Tennessee is an adjacent state to Arkansas, therefore it's not too far ;)

When we ride we might end up in MO, KS or OK too.....who knows?
Mike

Count me in. Hopefully it won't be cold and snowy when I leave. I wussed out last year, turning around after about 100 miles of miserable.

Google maps puts you about 10 1/2 hours away (622 miles). My first trip on the NC was 720 miles. We'll see you there!
(Get an Aihawk cushion).

Hillbilly Hangout III

When: April 7-10, 2016
Where: The Hub
The Hub--Mid America's Motorcycle Resort 800-597-9963

I slept well over 100 nights in a Eureka Mountain Pass 2XT. It's hard to beat for the money. I think they call it something else now.....as long as it has aluminium poles. Many good choices of one and two man tents available. A good mattress pad and warm sleeping bag is all a guy needs. I also have two Sea to Summit inflatable pillows. It takes two because one isn't tall enough. I can adjust the height to suit my needs and they don't hardly take up any space.

My current winter set up:
Hilleberg Akto
Exped 9
Sierra Designs Lite loft 20 deg bag I've had since 1990

It's small, efficient and does the job. I like simplicity when I'm motocamping and moving every day.
Mike

Back