• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout III

We're not really on a schedule. If you get there by 9 or 10 you should be able to go with us to Low Gap and eat lunch.

What time of day are you guys usually up and about? You're about two hours west of me and I might be able to ride over Saturday morning. Like to meet you folks.

I will probably go to Harrison to Big Daddy's (714 1/2 E. Stephenson Ave.) for breakfast on Saturday morning around 0800 and will be there by 0830 if ya want to meet me there. I will bring whomever wakes up and wants to go at that time. Most folks know me well enough to know that by 0800 I mean leaving at 0800. I don't wait for people if I'm going to breakfast.
Mike

I did 1,200 miles in a day last year but it was on my Tenere. Kudos to you for doing it on the NC! The most I ever did in day on the NC was 700+. Can't wait to inspect the trailer!
When you see my rig, my secret will be outed! I didn't do it on the NC, I did it on the Russel Day Long seat on my NC. Or in my case, a 30 hour Day Long. Yes they are expensive, but you turn into the Energiser rabbit and just keep going, keep going, keep going!

Ray

Don't sell yourself short. The right tool for the right job.
In this case, your butt gets the work so it gets the attention!

What time of day are you guys usually up and about? You're about two hours west of me and I might be able to ride over Saturday morning. Like to meet you folks.

Easy answer to that question. When ever the other guys are able to pull my fat, old, ugly, body out of the tent in the morning! Then we eat!!!!!!!!!!! Finally we Ride!

Bent my front rim playing the the dirt yesterday. No time to get another, as the only thing on Ebay were two bent rims like mine. So, hope the tire does not leave the rim. Will try an find a tube somewhere tomorrow. I believe it will be ok, but who knows for sure.

Had second thoughts about the age and wear on my front tire. Changed it this morning. On the way soon; arriving at HH3 this evening. 40*F here now, so setting heated grips to med-high.

Last edited:
Sounds like an undeterred bunch!
I had to have a rear tire put on yesterday. I'm camping in the Ouachita's tonight. Will see you guys tomorrow.

I'm happy to see people from the Pacific, Atlantic, Gulf Coast and points in-between attend this event. We need a Canook to round things out.

Hope everyone arrives safely. I will see you tomorrow.
Mike

8 NCs here now, the wind settled down, and the fire's going! Let the BS begin.

image.jpg

Hope you guys have a great time. Sucks being so close and not being able to attend. It is impossible for me to get out of work and that includes Saturday. Enjoy the event! Be sure to post pics and vids. Thanks

Home and unpacked from a very successful Hillbilly Hangout. Thanks to all that made the effort to attend this event. There were 10 NCs and two Teneres in attendance. It was sure nice putting faces with user names and meeting many new people. The weather could not have been any better for riding during the day and hanging around a camp fire in the evening. Many laughs were shared by all.

Great food, great roads, great weather and great people.....what more could you ask for? I look forward to seeing everyone again next year at HH IV.
Ride safe,
Mike

Back