• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout III

Well, you know I got my ACL repaired in Dec. That resulted in nerve damage. They call it complex regional pain syndrome. Anyhow getting a sympathetic nerve block on the 23rd to see if that will stop the pain. If they suggested a Razorback tattoo would help, I'd opt to have the leg cut off instead.

I can guarantee a tore ACL is the definition of pain. Tore mine a short time back on Nortwestrider's Washington Outback ride. I had to pull out of a great dream off road ride. That was the only time in my life I did not finish any off road or on road adventure. Good luck on your pain reduction!

Well, you know I got my ACL repaired in Dec. That resulted in nerve damage. They call it complex regional pain syndrome. Anyhow getting a sympathetic nerve block on the 23rd to see if that will stop the pain. If they suggested a Razorback tattoo would help, I'd opt to have the leg cut off instead.

Wasn't aware of the knee repair. I'm guessing this was trail riding related? As a back surgery survivor I can attest to chronic pain sucking real bad. I hope you can find some relief and get back on two wheels soon. Hope to see you at the Hub. Wouldn't be the same without you and Jim.......you old gimps ;)
Mike

Ouch! Sorry to here about that, but a Razorback tatoo done right would be a tasteful way to improve your choice in college football teams :) Good Luck! I'm hoping the shot gets you on two wheels and at the hub!

Watching this thread the last few months I have wished I could be there. Sometimes fate is on my side and I think I have a work need to be in Arkansas early April. Also need to schedule a trip to see my Mom in north Louisiana. I'll have to trailer but that would be a small price to pay for participating.

Anyway working hard on work schedule to fit Arkansas work trip to match up to this weekend. I'll camp so no reservation necessary.

Watching this thread the last few months I have wished I could be there. Sometimes fate is on my side and I think I have a work need to be in Arkansas early April. Also need to schedule a trip to see my Mom in north Louisiana. I'll have to trailer but that would be a small price to pay for participating.

Anyway working hard on work schedule to fit Arkansas work trip to match up to this weekend. I'll camp so no reservation necessary.

That's good to hear. I enjoyed riding with the Three Amigos from Mt. Nebo a few years ago.
Hope to see you there.
Mike

I'm babying her. She's not allowed to go swimming without me.
Actually, I'm homebound. No way into town from here. Our home is high enough that if we get wet, EVERYBODY will be wet!
I hope Hwy 527 is open today so I can finish some work, but I'm not holding out too much hope. It's still raining!

On another note, I'll be outfitted with skid plate and crash bars and getting some off road experience in. I started going down the gravel roads around here before the rains, but then, it rained!

I'm babying her. She's not allowed to go swimming without me.
Actually, I'm homebound. No way into town from here. Our home is high enough that if we get wet, EVERYBODY will be wet!
I hope Hwy 527 is open today so I can finish some work, but I'm not holding out too much hope. It's still raining!

On another note, I'll be outfitted with skid plate and crash bars and getting some off road experience in. I started going down the gravel roads around here before the rains, but then, it rained!

Altrider works well and it's nice peace of mind. I've used both and they held up great.

I've been off since Monday waiting for the rain to stop. Looks like Sunday or Monday for me. At least we aren't flooding. Hang in there Mike.
Mike

Altrider works well and it's nice peace of mind. I've used both and they held up great.

I've been off since Monday waiting for the rain to stop. Looks like Sunday or Monday for me. At least we aren't flooding. Hang in there Mike.
Mike

It's not that I'm cheap, it's that I'm almost poor! I bought the skid plate of eBay that's made in Israel. Also, I got the Puig crash bars. As lightweight a rider as I am, they should be good for me. I'm hoping to get enough experience in this summer to make a good go at Toroweap in Sept. The first annual S10 gathering in Utah is in my big trip (plans) for this year.

I am going to try to come up. My health drastically limits how much I can ride now but it would be fun to see you folks again and get in some riding. I will have to trailer up though if I come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear your health problem hasn't gotten better. If you can't go, maybe we could meet for a coffee or meal on my up or back. I still have your contact info.

Not much longer. I should be up there some time Thursday.......probably........hopefully. Will be on Nebo next weekend for Fools on the Hill first though.

Surely, the weather will be warmer this year. Nothing like riding in sleet on the way to lunch to make memories.
Mike

I'll be there Thursday, too, preferably well before dark. I hate setting up camp in the dark, and then in the morning finally discovering where I'm at.

I could be there earlier Thursday, if anyone else was coming early. But, I'd need to leave home Wednesday afternoon and camp halfway there.

Last edited:
Don't know if I'll be early this year as I just took four days off work this week to go to Houston and see my grandbaby come into this world!
If I can get caught up on work, I'll be there Thursday also.

Back