• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout IV, April 13-16, 2017

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: The date of the event is April 13-16, 2017!

Do we want to meet at The Hub (Marble Falls, Arkansas, USA) this year? Can we pin a date on it yet?

Last year was April 7-10. This year I am available to do April 6-9 or April 13-16. Anybody have a preference? Or other ideas?

Web site: thehub

100_9984.jpg

100_9996.jpg

101_0015.jpg

Last edited:
If my knees heal up as hoped, I will be in Argentina doing the tango. But, if healing is slower than I hope it will be, I will be at the HILLBILLY HANGOUT. Got be able to stand on the pegs for long periods, where my knees are my shocks in Argentina.

Based on the 4 inputs so far, it looks to be April 13-16. I'm just trying to drum up some interest here. Nothing official.

Bug Dr., do we need to check with The Hub on dates? Or does just about anything in April work well?

Based on the 4 inputs so far, it looks to be April 13-16. I'm just trying to drum up some interest here. Nothing official.

Bug Dr., do we need to check with The Hub on dates? Or does just about anything in April work well?

I know that there is a Hillbilly DS Ride (ADV Rider) 4/21-23 where they have
already reserved a block of 30 rooms (tentatively) for them.
AFAIK, Camping is open (first come, first served)

What: Hillbilly Dualsport Ride
Where: The Hub in Marble Falls Ar. www.hubinfo.com
When: April 21-23 2017
Hub Motel Contact Number: 870-743-4062
Ride Fees: NONE

All makes, models and types of motorcycles are welcome to attend.

I would be interested in attending, but I'm not sure I can take the time away from work. My brother is getting married April 23rd, so definitely earlier in the month would work for me.

Just contact the Hub and let them know which weekend we will be there so they can plan on having the restaurant open and staffed. We are a small group and are almost always the only ones there so blocking rooms isn't necessary. I've seen almost 200 tents at the Hub before for a large BMW rally so there isn't an issue there either. Post the date and those that can and want to attend will attend. Look forward to another fun time at the Hub.
Mike

I think the gist of it is we want to go early to beat the crowds, but later to have a better chance for decent weather. The weather is a factor more for those coming from northern states. Last year I left home at 40*F, which isn't too bad, but the year before I didn't go because it was around freezing at departure time. Riders from Minnesota or Wisconsin would be especially susceptible to weather issues.

I think the gist of it is we want to go early to beat the crowds, but later to have a better chance for decent weather. The weather is a factor more for those coming from northern states. Last year I left home at 40*F, which isn't too bad, but the year before I didn't go because it was around freezing at departure time. Riders from Minnesota or Wisconsin would be especially susceptible to weather issues.

this is why, whenever I think I don't like TN, I remember how much I hate the cold. Very long riding season in TN.

this is why, whenever I think I don't like TN, I remember how much I hate the cold. Very long riding season in TN.

I envy you for that. Unfortunately, my house and my job are currently in Illinois.:(

Just contact the Hub and let them know which weekend we will be there so they can plan on having the restaurant open and staffed. We are a small group and are almost always the only ones there so blocking rooms isn't necessary. I've seen almost 200 tents at the Hub before for a large BMW rally so there isn't an issue there either. Post the date and those that can and want to attend will attend. Look forward to another fun time at the Hub.
Mike
Hello, we never met, but would you do the honors and pick a weekend for us
and show us noobs some Ozark twisties to ride?
Once we have dates, the rest will just flow.

Back