• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout IV, April 13-16, 2017

Dang, sorry to hear. Hope everything is OK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's nothing anybody needs to feel sorry for me about. It's just a lot of work stuff. I lost two of my key staff members and now I'm having to fill in those positions in addition to my normal duties too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's not uncommon for the trip to a RTE to include a different state.....just ask OldJeff and Bamamate.

We can take just about any size loop you want to take to both Low Gap and Oark. The limiting factors are when everyone wants to leave the Hub in the morning and what time do they want to eat at the destination. No problem finding great riding roads in the area.

Looking forward to getting away for a few days and doing some riding. I haven't ridden much this year and it's killing me.

Thought about doing a dual sport ride for big bikes but wasn't sure if there would be any interest. Still haven't decided which bike to bring....the Versys or the Tenere. I know, first world problem.

See ya at the Hub,
Mike

Love it! One order of "All you can ride, offroad route" for me, please.
Can't wait for this to happen, wanna leave now...
Oh wait, bike is still getting serviced, maybe I'll make a bedside visit to the shop today. ;)

I figure there will be some interest for an easy ride through the National Forrest on dirt/gravel. Nothing technical or break neck speed. I like to take it easy and enjoy the ride.

I still have stock tires on the Tenere so that will certainly limit which roads I can take, especially if it is wet. I figure this trip will make me want to stick on a set of Mitas tires even sooner.
Guess I figured out which to bring.
Mike

Well, now I'm riding up with a buddy who lives in Minden. I think we're going up 159. I'd have to see where it comes closest to you. It would be nice to meet for lunch if we can swing it.

I am in for the National Forrest ride. I also will be riding on street tires.

I tried to ride the Sam Houston National Forrest this week, however it was shut down due to all the rain we have gotten lately. No trails right now do to the resent knee replacements.

I'm game for some dirt/gravel!

Getting excited! Need to get the Tent-Mahal prepped. [emoji3]

I'm not too sure about leaving pavement...... :cool: But the idea does interest me!

KATV thinks we're gonna get a little rain Thursday and Sunday evening, but Friday and Saturday look like perfect riding weather!
HH4weather04102017v2.JPG

The bike is ready to go and I'm stoked! Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Edit: I plan to be at The Hub at 11am Friday and eating at Low Gap by noon! :)

Last edited:
I have a dual sport route planned that looks like it will include Oark General Store for brunch (pie) and Low Gap for lupper (late lunch). Knowing some of this bunch it might mean lunch at Oark and dinner at Low Gap :) At age 49, I'm one of the youngest riders so I get to be around a bunch of bladders being emptied in the woods when I ride with you old farts. Looks like when we are finished with this route you will have a good taste of what the southern Ozarks has to offer for back country riding even though we will be scratching the surface. I figure we will do this Friday and maybe hit pavement Saturday or some combination.

NOTE: We will need to leave with full tanks no later than 0830.......and by 0830 I mean that the three of us (me, myself and I) will be leaving at 0830 so be prepared to ride without seeing any towns all day. Our only chance for food, water, etc... will be Oark and then Ponca. First fuel will be Ponca or we can run to Turner Bend from Oark if necessary. Oark doesn't do fuel any more. So, bring Scooby snacks, water, toilet paper, and a full tank. I'm not sure how long the route is but we shouldn't do over 125 miles or so before we see fuel.

I'm ready to get away for a few days and unwind. I'm long overdue.
Mike

I have a dual sport route planned that looks like it will include Oark General Store for brunch (pie) and Low Gap for lupper (late lunch). Knowing some of this bunch it might mean lunch at Oark and dinner at Low Gap :) At age 49, I'm one of the youngest riders so I get to be around a bunch of bladders being emptied in the woods when I ride with you old farts. Looks like when we are finished with this route you will have a good taste of what the southern Ozarks has to offer for back country riding even though we will be scratching the surface. I figure we will do this Friday and maybe hit pavement Saturday or some combination.

NOTE: We will need to leave with full tanks no later than 0830.......and by 0830 I mean that the three of us (me, myself and I) will be leaving at 0830 so be prepared to ride without seeing any towns all day. Our only chance for food, water, etc... will be Oark and then Ponca. First fuel will be Ponca or we can run to Turner Bend from Oark if necessary. Oark doesn't do fuel any more. So, bring Scooby snacks, water, toilet paper, and a full tank. I'm not sure how long the route is but we shouldn't do over 125 miles or so before we see fuel.

I'm ready to get away for a few days and unwind. I'm long overdue.
Mike

Mike, I appreciate you being our tour guide.

Now I will have to hold my bladder longer than you just to prove you wrong!

Thanks for planning a route, Mike. Funny thing about the bladder, I can usually hold a lot longer when on the bike. On gravel, I don't know. We shall see! Big blue is ready!

Mike

Are you planning the DS ride for Friday or Saturday?

I'm behind on my preparation. Wednesday evening is going to be busy, busy, busy!

If I can get everything prepped and chores finished on Wednesday, I am planning on arriving early Thursday afternoon.

I think I will keep the DS ride for Friday then and let everyone arrive and decide what we want to do for Saturday. I will probably ride some of the route Thursday since I've never been on one section......Friday could be an interesting day........I figure we will get lost a few times :eek:

The weather looks absolutely perfect for camping and riding.
Mike

Leaving @11:00 AM
688 miles+/11 hrs to The Hub

I'll make it into camp Thursday.
TGIFriday is Awesome!! yeah! :rolleyes:

Tent-Mahal!

5b0d38884041bc502dd7f73df4552176.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Back