• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Ad ~ Generic

I was watching a thing on Discovery Channel last night documenting Jesse James' last build at West Coast Choppers before he shut it down. The end of the program, he and a couple other guys were out riding around Texas. One on a rebuilt 49 Knucklehead, another on a Vincent Black Lightning and Jesse on a WCC bike he had built for himself. Along with their philosophizing, Jesse James was talking about how he liked the bikes he builds to run well, unlike that Vincent that they were always pulled over wrenching on. (to be fair, it is a 63 year old bike). The guy riding the bike disagreed with him and made the comment - "If I ever get tired of being a real biker, I'll just buy a Honda with a fat seat and a cup holder and ride that all over." I was half offended but realized that it was kind of a back handed compliment because he is fully aware that you don't have to worry much about mechanical issues when riding a Honda.

You have to realize who is saying it. These are guys that build motorcycles that intelligent people don't ride. They are more art than motorcycle. If any of you have ever ridden a hardtail motorcycle then you know what I'm talking about. I've known three people to buy those, and three people that sold them. You want a piece of art for your garage, buy it. You want a bike you can ride and enjoy comfortably, look somewhere else. Heck the roads around Virginia Beach where I was stationed for many years would have you seeing a chiropractor in no time on one of those bikes...

I have to admit, I have to agree with DanWill. I totally get collecting a bike like this as a collector's item. Nothing wrong with that.

But if you want to actually ride and enjoy it for more than a few miles you want a practical bike for that.

These are two totally different markets. They share 2 wheels and an engine.. one is a work of art and the other is something you can ride cross country.

Of course there is always the odd man out who WILL ride a hard tail bike with a 1 gallon gas tank across country stopping every 30 or 40 miles to fill up the 1 gallon tank....

Back