• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda bringing the NC750X to the USA.

Yeah, and on paint stripes, manhole covers, and unpaved surfaces of the planet. Have to be careful out there.

The seat isn't there yet until they reduce the forward slope. From the photos it look like the same old same old.

I've always like the lighter colored wheels, though. And if the manual version comes with ABS that would be sweet. It probably will since the traction control is there. Frankly though, I still like the rounder shape of the legacy model.
I like the round shape too. I don't like the flying triangle look. They are going after the younger crowd I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder how useful the extra 900 rpm will be for performance. I can see addressing journalist's complaints about hitting the rev limiter, but otherwise will it be meaningful?

I wonder how useful the extra 900 rpm will be for performance. I can see addressing journalist's complaints about hitting the rev limiter, but otherwise will it be meaningful?

I thought the same thing. The peak power is already passed before the present red line. There is no more horsepower to be found, but depending on the gear spacing you may have good power available over a little wider RPM range. I think, like HarveyM says, that this mainly just addresses the surprise rev limiter complaint from riders that are not yet accustomed to the bike. I guess it doesn’t matter; if you don’t need or want to rev it to 7500, then you won’t.

It's good to see the USA finally getting the 750 model.
I went from the 700X DCT to a 750S DCT and I thought there was a slight difference in performance. Honda upped the gearing slightly when they introduced the 750 version so I suppose that would slightly offset the small increase in power and torque.

Last edited:
Interesting news. I wonder if Honda will issue a remap for the higher rpm on older bikes?

I understood the major difference between the 700 and the 750 was the addition of some balancing mechanism to deal with complaints of engine vibration in the 700.

Interesting news. I wonder if Honda will issue a remap for the higher rpm on older bikes?

I understood the major difference between the 700 and the 750 was the addition of some balancing mechanism to deal with complaints of engine vibration in the 700.
It would be nice if they had a new computer flash upgrade for the older DCT models that only have D & S. Be nice to have more choices.

It would be nice if they had a new computer flash upgrade for the older DCT models that only have D & S. Be nice to have more choices.

That’s NOT going to happen................for at least a dozen reasons.............first on the list EPA certification.

Another reason this is not going to happen: Honda has little to gain making you forever satisfied with your old bike by providing upgrades for it. They want you to buy a new one.

Last edited:
Yeah, what 670 says about buying a new one. That's all Harley does. They bring out a bigger motor and the buyer's flock to the store. BTW this is not H-D hate. I've had one or another since 1978. But I could screw the 74 cube Shovelhead into my 2011 FLH frame and the outdated motor would still out perform the "modern" frame and suspension.

But having said that I can't wait for the 750X to show up at my dealers. It's my next bike. The Harley gets sold. I'm too old and arthritic to deal with the weight and clutch anymore. I took a test ride on a '15 DCT and it was the easiest to ride bike that I was ever on.

Black.

The old silver and red scheme was overplayed on my 1967 CL 90.

Seeing the new Rebel 500 in black gives me hope.

Does the Marketing or Styling Department understand that Black is Beautiful?

Looking forward to the '18 AT! Been missing my '12 AT badly.

Will definitely take one for a test ride.

'12 AT? There was no '12 AT. Do you mean NC?

Another reason this is not going to happen: Honda has little to gain making you forever satisfied with your old bike by providing upgrades for it. They want you to buy a new one.

And I will! But it will be the CB1000R+, the first bike I ever test rode after having a Rebel 250 for 6 months. It was exhilarating but the looks of the bike never could convince me...but now! That thing is calling me.

So you guys say Honda monitors forums?...it would be nice if the NC had CRUISE CONTROL.

So you guys say Honda monitors forums?...it would be nice if the NC had CRUISE CONTROL.

That won't happen unless the nc goes to throttle by wire, and that probably won't happen either. The nc is a low end budget bike after all. The AT doesn't even have it, not sure about the new one though.

Back