• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda bringing the NC750X to the USA.

I just read about this on the Cycle News site.

Edit, , evidently the first address was a bad one. I copied directly from the Cycle News site. I guess you guys will have to go to cyclenews.com & look for it!!

Sorry

Last edited:
The 2018 NC750X looks great! LED headlight, traction control, higher revs... Can't wait to see what "Bold, adventurous design identity based on the “Sensual Performance” concept..." looks like.

<-- My avatar is only slightly off. :eek:

Well, hopefully, they will have these bikes at the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach in two weeks. I will be looking for these and will report back if I see anything worth mentioning.

It's good to see a sign from Mother Honda that the New Concept is still alive in the USA.

The ncx gets the updates we've wanted, the African twin got some nice updates (throttle by wire was something i wanted) the goldwing actually got updated... honda is on drugs, it's the only explanation.

THE 2018 NC750X
MORE VERSATILE THAN EVER.

We’re all looking for one thing that does it all. Most of the time that means compromise. Not with our new Honda NC750X. The engine gets boosted to 745cc, and we’ve added Honda Selective Torque Control, more suspension travel, a more comfortable seat and a larger windscreen.

Read more at 2018 Upcoming Models - Honda Powersports

them seem to have address most of the NC700x weak point... i do wonder how well did they get addressed. enough for me to upgrade . time will tell

The seat isn't there yet until they reduce the forward slope. From the photos it look like the same old same old.

I've always like the lighter colored wheels, though. And if the manual version comes with ABS that would be sweet. It probably will since the traction control is there. Frankly though, I still like the rounder shape of the legacy model.

Last edited:
How does the 750 need "Torque control"? And the windscreen isn't looking any bigger.
Wondering just how much heavier this bike will be.

I do not expect to see the 2018 at the IMS in Long Beach. They didn't show the 2017 last year. I still have not seen any of the 2nd gen bikes in that red paint in person.

I wont be trading my nc700x; not just for some minor changes and a 748cc engine which only make 3hp more than the US 670cc engine (750x is 54hp at the crank); the US nc700x is 51 HP at the crank-the European NC700x had lower HP due to the tiered licensing schemes in EU. I like my little snoopy-the red baron (my name for the bike) the way it is.

When I rode the 700 and the 750 back to back I saw little difference. The 750 might have been a little smoother but the HP difference was not immediately noticeable. That may have been because the 750 had dct and the 700 did not, but I felt the smaller motor was a little more responsive in the lower revs.

One thing I can say is that there is no difference in petrol consumption. Both are brilliant. I notice that for 2018 the ADV750 (X-Adv) will also get TC. I tend to agree that there is no need of this feature especially on the NC motor.

They are also updating the cb1100 (going to be retro style-more café racer style and the African Twin is going to be the CRF1000L2: 6.36 gallon tank, updated suspension with higher ground clearance, and Lithium-ion batter will be 5 pounds lighter than its lead-acid predecessor, throttle by wire, and torque control. What the heck, Honda been reading the forums and actually building what buyers have been asking for????
On the NC750DCT, they are going to have higher rpm shift points.

They are also updating the cb1100 (going to be retro style-more café racer style and the African Twin is going to be the CRF1000L2: 6.36 gallon tank, updated suspension with higher ground clearance, and Lithium-ion batter will be 5 pounds lighter than its lead-acid predecessor, throttle by wire, and torque control. What the heck, Honda been reading the forums and actually building what buyers have been asking for????

You'd be suprised what "Mother Honda" does and creeps in the shadows of forums such as this. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Lithium-Ion Battery, expect that to cost about $500 from your friendly Honda Dealer. Please speak louder into the microphone...

Can you provide source of this info? Because on hondanews.eu they only said that all NC models will have higher RPM limit of 7500 RPM. Nothing there about shift points:

Evolution of popular NC series continues

For 2018, the wide-ranging appeal of the NC750X, NC750S and Integra will now be in reach of A2 licence holders thanks to the addition of 35kW versions to the line-up. All three also have an rpm limit raised by 900rpm to 7,500 to allow natural use of the engine performance into a higher rpm range, and both the NC750X and Integra benefit from the addition of Honda Selectable Torque Control.

source: hondanews.eu

Back