• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Honda Heated Grips

mtnbiker1185

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed Honda heated grips on Friday. After I finished, I turned the ignition on and hit the button to turn them on. Light comes on, dash shows they are on, but they don't get hot. I left it set on setting 5 for a good 5+ min and nothing. I lowered them to 4 and felt them get slightly warm, and by slightly warm I mean they were not cold. Am I doing something wrong? Does the bike need to be running for them to work properly? Do they take awhile to warm up? Or do they have a weird numbering system where 5 is the lowest and 1 is the highest? They appear to be working like they should with no error codes minus just not warming up.

5 is hottest. IME they are very slow to heat up so until you have ridden the bike to get the full >14V I wouldn't assume they are faulty. You really need to ride it first and try them.

5 is hottest. IME they are very slow to heat up so until you have ridden the bike to get the full >14V I wouldn't assume they are faulty. You really need to ride it first and try them.
I turned on my bike and let it idle, they got warm then. Took awhile and even after about 5 min they were not hot enough to do much through gloves from what I can tell, but we will see. After I drop my kids off at daycare tomorrow I will take it for a spin and see how they do after some time of the bike actually moving. Thanks for the advice.

Oxford grips are best
Well I don't have those and am not about to buy another set of heated grips when the ones I have work just fine. My question was in relation to if i was doing something g wrong, and i was. Not which heated grips to buy.

In fact, during my ride this morning, I had to turn them down from 5 to 4 during a mid-20 degree ride at highway speeds (~70 mph) because they were causing my hands to get too hot. Between that and the indicator on the dash telling you they are on and the level they are at is enough to make me never want to change unless they end up only lasting a couple of months.

Back