• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC700X 300.000km

billy84000

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to all!I am Billy and i live in Greece.In 2015 i bought my NC700X at first temporarily but along the way it became the main tool for travel to all terrains.
I traveled to 25 countries and wrote many kilometers on dirt roads in the highest mountains of my country(I have climbed more than 100 mountains).
upload_2021-2-27_21-35-24.png

I used to have very fast motorcycles(Ζ750,Ζ1000,CBR600RR,Yamaha R1) but the NC stands extremely well on the provincial road network.Very balanced motorcycle i must say.
upload_2021-2-27_21-38-23.png

Today the NC has over 300.000km troublefree and I created an anniversary video.I hope you like it.Enjoy!

Hi to all!I am Billy and i live in Greece.In 2015 i bought my NC700X at first temporarily but along the way it became the main tool for travel to all terrains.
I traveled to 25 countries and wrote many kilometers on dirt roads in the highest mountains of my country(I have climbed more than 100 mountains).
upload_2021-2-27_21-35-24.png

I used to have very fast motorcycles(Ζ750,Ζ1000,CBR600RR,Yamaha R1) but the NC stands extremely well on the provincial road network.Very balanced motorcycle i must say.
upload_2021-2-27_21-38-23.png

Today the NC has over 300.000km troublefree and I created an anniversary video.I hope you like it.Enjoy!

Hi Billy, nice to see you here on the Forum. Welcome.
:D

Thanks for posting here Billy.
That is amazing mileage, well done.
I also have a white bike, 2015 NC750X but the mileage is only on 12,000km now

Welcome, and thanks for posting!

Billy, do you have the factory suspension on your bike, or did you change some of it?

Hello to all and thank you for your response!I will give some extra information about my NC.

At first,i changed the front oil and springs very soon with ohlins.The factory ones were too soft as you already know.I also saw major difference using 150-70-17 at the back and knobby tyre.This dimension at the back increases the ground clearance and the higher profile of the tyre helps in puddles and in harsh terain.At 230.000km i put a full ohlins suspension at the back.I always use bridgestone AX41 adventurecross at the back and AX41s scrambler tyre at the front.It is a very good combination for gravel roads,but you need to be carefull on muddy roads because the front is not knobby.Still,with the knobby at the back you are capable to pass almost anything.

The white handguards you see in some photos are not in the bike anymore because i broke them in a fall i had in 2016 on an icy road.The black ones you see in recent videos are from aprillia Dorsoduro bike.
The tank bag is a Bagster ''Impact'' that is designed for bagsters normally, but I have adjusted suction cups to fit in the plastic tank.

I like taking my NC off road as you saw.Of course there are limitations(in every bike there are limitations in other areas),it is not a pure adventure bike but it can take you anywhere with the right tyres at a lower speed of course!

Hello to all and thank you for your response!I will give some extra information about my NC.

At first,i changed the front oil and springs very soon with ohlins.The factory ones were too soft as you already know.I also saw major difference using 150-70-17 at the back and knobby tyre.This dimension at the back increases the ground clearance and the higher profile of the tyre helps in puddles and in harsh terain.At 230.000km i put a full ohlins suspension at the back.I always use bridgestone AX41 adventurecross at the back and AX41s scrambler tyre at the front.It is a very good combination for gravel roads,but you need to be carefull on muddy roads because the front is not knobby.Still,with the knobby at the back you are capable to pass almost anything.

The white handguards you see in some photos are not in the bike anymore because i broke them in a fall i had in 2016 on an icy road.The black ones you see in recent videos are from aprillia Dorsoduro bike.
The tank bag is a Bagster ''Impact'' that is designed for bagsters normally, but I have adjusted suction cups to fit in the plastic tank.

I like taking my NC off road as you saw.Of course there are limitations(in every bike there are limitations in other areas),it is not a pure adventure bike but it can take you anywhere with the right tyres at a lower speed of course!

Hi Billy. Welcome on here. Amazing mileage. What service items (other than routine maintenance) have You applied to the motor during this mileage ?

Hi Billy. Welcome on here. Amazing mileage. What service items (other than routine maintenance) have You applied to the motor during this mileage ?

Hi Griff!Thank you!

At 190.000km i changed the cam tensioner and the chain (jn the motor) and at 275.000km i changed the clutch disks(only the fiber ones).Of course i cleaned once the fuel pump( at 280.000km).

Ι have the manual NC700X.Nothing else is changed on the bike.

Hi Griff!Thank you!

At 190.000km i changed the cam tensioner and the chain (jn the motor) and at 275.000km i changed the clutch disks(only the fiber ones).Of course i cleaned once the fuel pump( at 280.000km).

Ι have the manual NC700X.Nothing else is changed on the bike.

Thanks for that. Imho this is one of Honda's truly great motors. There is indeed a lot to be said for a long stroke low revving motor for longevity and common sense power characteristics.

Last Friday i did a small service on my NC700.I changed the oil after 13.000km and the spark plugs(after 50.000km).Everything was in perfect condition.This motor is unbreakable!

213423.JPG

mpoyzi.JPG

This connecting rod came out of a Versys at 193.000km!I know the owner personally and he is slow driver and always typical in maintenance.

μπιελα βερσυς.JPG

I also changed the oil at the front(Spectro oil).After 300.000km for the first time i changed the fork bush.Τhey were worn.

οδηγοι.JPG

Back