• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC700X Serie vs. Akrapovic

pdxer_2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been considering an Akrapovic slip on... flatboarder put up a great comparison YouTube video today for those interested.

[video=youtube_share;M251GfKpSS8]http://youtu.be/M251GfKpSS8[/video]

Hmmm, they always sound different in person but that wasn't too bad. You can still here the whine of the motor so that IMO might be good choice.

I suspect your mpg's may suffer though.

I am not willing to pay around 800chf for a sound upgrade....and I wear ear plugs while riding....

Well the torque bump and loosing nearly 4lbs of fat off the bike isn't too bad. Not to mention loosing the huge shiny cigar like "Bling" is definitely worth something.
Screen Shot.jpg

dB level the same?? According to that chart.

Up until the packing blows out I guess, unless it's got a metal baffle.

+1 on the weight savings alone.
I wear ear plugs too, I have always worn them.

Of course the pollution can is dampening some of the sound but from my experience most aftermarket exhausts become annoying over time. The NC and it's engine may be different on how it preforms with AM exhausts and the Akrapovic may have found a solution. I hope they have.

I tried just about every AM can available for my FJR and all of them were too loud for me, but again, my headers are gutted also.

Keep us updated, I'm sure Akrapovic won't be the only can for the NC.

Check out Leo Vince exhaust as well, its on there web site. cheaper,modest gains in hp and torque,weight saving, and sound sweet,look alot better than the stocker, I like the carbon fibre sleeve model I have one on order,up here there are a lot of critters and crappy drivers anything to let them know I'm coming or beside them helps keep me out of bad situations .

I am looking for a carbon fiber one - had one on my last bike - you and kids never get burnt again from the exhaust

Installed a Leo Vince this morning. Sounds great, has a a removable db. buster baffle if you want more growl. Easy fast install, seems to have better low end grunt. Dyno show's gains mainly in torque 2500-3500 rpm, perfect for highway passes in sixth gear, less down shifting. I'll know more soon, leaving on 2500 mile+ mini-ironbutt to the west coast in the morning fully loaded. Now I have to install my HID spots and finish packing and I'll be off. Ride safe.

Attachments

• NC700X  90% 027.jpg
    NC700X 90% 027.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 537
  • NC700X  90% 002.jpg
    NC700X 90% 002.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 621
The Leo SBK looks great, I have a Leo X3 in my Yam XT350 and very happy with it.

Now, I would like to know what radiator guard and handguards have you fitted

Nice piece of equipment, do I need it? Not at the moment. Would I like it? Yes, probably. Can I afford it? No. I am off to Rome next month and I can buy some nice wine and food with the cash I have not spent.

Back