• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NT1100

I'm following it with interest but not anticipating having one for a while if ever even if it comes to North America soon. I've stated more than once an 'NC1000X' would be a nice bike to have if it combined the low CG of the 700/750 platform with tractable power in the 100 hp range. The Africa Twin came along in 2016 but is too off road oriented for me. Now this bike looks to be the closest thing to the pipe dream NC1000X that could replace my R1200RT...... but I'm losing altitude with each birthday.
Well, at least you're less likey to bang your head on something above you! Thanks Dave. Appreciate the response.

Bunch of new first ride videos are up on you-tube for those interested
I only looked at one but two nice takeaways. First, the weight seems to be carried low enough that the reviewer said it's not top heavy and secondly the reviewer said that if one finds the Africa Twin a bit tall the NT1100 will suit.

I'm liking what I'm hearing. I did not like the static weight of my VFR, it was heavy at slow speeds and in the garage, which contributed in part to my reason for selling. This is quite a bit lighter than the VFR even with DCT. Manual deletes another ~25 lbs, and has the quick shifter option. I've never used a quick shifter and wondering if anyone here has had a Honda with one installed. If so, I'd appreciate your opinions.

I really like this bike. Seems very versatile and something I could keep for a very long time.

I had a short test ride on the NT1100 today. It is a nice refined motorcycle, well equipped, handles well, turns well, carries its weight well, accelerates well, has comfortable suspension and has good protection from screen and fairing. I rode it back to back with my 2016 Strom1000.

It is more refined than my Strom overall, and better equipped as standard. Will one displace my Strom ? Nope.

What did I not like ?

Overly complex switch gear and the need to carry the handbook at all times to figure it all out.

The motor is good but the Strom is stronger in the useable rev range.

The DCT system does not function as smoothly as it does on my 2017 X-Adv.

I am glad to have ridden it and I believe it should be a good seller for Honda over these parts. I didn't feel inspired by it though, and was as happy as ever blatting along on the backroads on my Strom on the way home.

I also test rode another Honda today. More on that elsewhere :)

Back