• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NT700V ???

I just bought one of these bikes a few days ago on my birthday for $3,200. I found it in Crestline, CA. I washed and waxed it after getting it home.

With only 16k miles, and at $3,200......me thinks you "stole it". What a great deal (assuming nothing needed replacing.....tires, brakes, fluids). Job well done!!!

With only 16k miles, and at $3,200......me thinks you "stole it". What a great deal (assuming nothing needed replacing.....tires, brakes, fluids). Job well done!!!

New tires and brakes all around. Nothing else needed really, just a tank of gas to get me going down the road. However, most of the black textured body panel pieces are heavily sun damaged and would not be restored with Mother's Back To Black. I decided to use a can of semi gloss black of Rustoleum to address most of those pieces. I may eventually replace some of the heaviest damaged parts later on. You couldn't tell from those pictures that many of these parts were painted.

This bike is to replace the 2015 Zero SR that I had that went south on me.

Last edited:
Yep, you stole that bike. Good deal man.

giphy.gif

Not to put any salt into many people's wounds out there. The owner had it posted on Craigslist for $3,950. After we spoke over the phone and us meeting in person, he dropped the price to $3,200 immediately. I was not pushing him or nothing. I guess he liked me and saw that the bike be going to a good home and will be cared for.

Last edited:
It has been over a week since I got this bike and I began to love within the first 3 days of riding it.

Here are a few pictures that were taken at a rally I went to the day after getting her.

IMG_8800.jpg

IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

IMG_8803.jpg

The best $3,200 that I spent on a motorcycle. :D

The NT is a great looking bike. I have a red one and I was thrilled to get it. I think it is quite a bit more bike than the NC but since I got the NC I mostly ride the NC. It feels so easy to handle that I actually feel safer on it. The low cg and dct are big bonus points for me. The NT is by far the more comfortable on long trips and I think the better looking bike. Hope you have lots of fun trips. They are very reliable.

The NT is a great looking bike. I have a red one and I was thrilled to get it. I think it is quite a bit more bike than the NC but since I got the NC I mostly ride the NC. It feels so easy to handle that I actually feel safer on it. The low cg and dct are big bonus points for me. The NT is by far the more comfortable on long trips and I think the better looking bike. Hope you have lots of fun trips. They are very reliable.

Thanks. I got this bike replace a Zero SR that I had that went kaput on me in only two years after buying it new. The Lemon Law helped me to get the factory to purchase it back from me.

I am sure that this bike will be trouble-free and will last me for many years to come. NaTalie is now on full-time commuter service for at least 4-days a week. Then I will rotate my other two bikes in as needed.

The NC is also a great bike however, the NT has superior wind protection and looks a lot bigger on the highway. I have had NaNCy for 3 years now and she only has over 13k on the odometer. The Zero helped to keep the miles down on her. I got 23k on that bike before it went fully south on me.

I look forward to racking up the miles on NaTalie and the journeys ahead. :eek:

So this afternoon I had an opportunity to get some time on an NT700V. My favorite Honda dealer has had one moldering on the used lot and was marked down to $3600 last I looked.
Today was decent enough but still cool (50F, 10C) for a check on wind protection and so forth.
This particular unit has 4,500mi. showing, really very little for a 2010. It has a largish National Cycle windshield and a Corbin dualseat, which I was told was made low for the previous owner, a petite woman. Incidentally, she decided the NT was too large and cumbersome for her and traded it in on a Kawasaki Ninja 300, I believe. If there are other modifications, I am not aware.
I had no restrictions on the ride and planned to do a half-hour including a stint on the infamous Illinois Tri-State Tollway's northern section. This is a good test of how a bike may handle very high speed traffic.
The bike presented well. The instruments and controls did appear to have been weathered a bit, with some corrosion on such things as the clutch adjuster nut, but nothing serious.
I did not notice the make and model of the tires, but there were in excellent condition and the service department double-checked the pressures before handing it over.
General impression: it definitely reminded me of the Missus' NC700XD, and not just for the similar color. While a V-twin of course, it thudded at idle not unlike the NC, but with a little more amplitude.
Once rolling in suburban traffic, it wasn't hard to acclimate. I had arrived on my GL1800A and the NT gave the feeling of a shrunken ST more than a mini-Wing, if that makes sense. The bar/seating position had a definite forward lean, although not too objectionable. Upon entering the Tri-State, I felt that there was enough acceleration to be safe and confident. I guess I must be described as a big-bore-motor type; the last sub-liter modern bike I purchased was my new 1977 Kawasaki KZ650 (a superb, reliable machine) which was replaced in 1982 by a KZ1000J.
So for me the big question was: can I enjoy/stand a sub-liter bike?
Well, in general, yes. Once mixing in with the 80-90mph (130-145kph) traffic, there seemed enough go to maintain good position and move ahead when needed.
The wind protection was excellent in this brief test. With the aftermarket shield up a bit, I experienced no more helmet buffeting or wind noise than on the Wing. All body areas seemed decently covered excepting, of course, the boots and shins, where the NT has no coverage. Down there, the wind effect was moderate in terms of allowing cool air to affect the lower extremities.
I am an admitted handlebar-obsessive. I believe I've changed the handlebars on every bike I've owned more than a very short time with the exception of the GL18 (which fit me surprisingly well).
So it would be for me on the NT- the bars would be gone shortly for something that came back further and had some substantial vibration-dampening ability.
The vibration in the grips was low amplitude but noticeable, becoming somewhat significant above 65mph. Not unendurable, but it was more than I would prefer, and that from a rider who began adulthood on a '67 BSA twin.
I would probably start with short setback risers and add Throttlemeister heavy bar-ends for starters, and possibly revert to the old trick of filling the bars with #7 lead birdshot.
I did venture up to nearly 100mph indicated with no concerns for stability (while still not being the fastest vehicle in the vicinity- I was still being overtaken), and the engine did not seem to be straining terribly. Cruising at 80mph was calm and apart from the grip vibration, smooth to the point of near-serene.
The brakes are quite sharp compared to the NC and Wing, and I had to moderate my hand-lever pressure to avoid jerkiness. I did not knowingly test the ABS, but did execute a satisfactory very sharp stop or two.
The handling was stable enough, although this was not enough of a ride to really tell that much. Turn-in was a bit light feeling but then, I'd just gotten off a GL18. What little lean angles I was able to attain were not unsettled.
In the end, did the question about size get answered? Well, not really, not well enough.
The dratted dealer also forced me to ride a near-new '16 Africa Twin DCT he really wanted to sell me and that tended to flush out my memories of the NT. And, of course, to confuse the issue- the dealer owner insisted I take the Africa Twin home for the weekend and bring it back Tuesday morning when they will re-open for the new week. That was difficult to turn aside, I can assure you.
So I know they are wanting to sell a bike and would do some dealing, I believe, for the NT700V. I still can't bring myself to be certain that selling the Wing in favor of the little bike is a for-sure thing I want to do, despite my urge to downsize my full-fairing machine. After all, I've past 106K mi. on it and I know it to be good. It has superior motor for practical use, vastly superior lighting (a concern for us megapolis-dwellers), and excellent function combined with known reliability.

So this afternoon I had an opportunity to get some time on an NT700V. My favorite Honda dealer has had one moldering on the used lot and was marked down to $3600 last I looked.
Today was decent enough but still cool (50F, 10C) for a check on wind protection and so forth.
This particular unit has 4,500mi. showing, really very little for a 2010.

Sounds like your test ride went well. For the price of that bike, you cannot go wrong. Once you get the bike you will start to Farkle her out, I did.

IMG_8893.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

IMG_8896.jpg

The Africa Twin is a nice bike, a bit too big for transversing an urban environment. The salesman is looking at his commission, the AT would bring a bigger check. Get the NT700V and you will not regret it.

Back