• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Rear Carrier

I wish I had enough left over when I got the bike to have gotten the honda luggage. I have been very happy with the SW-Motech I got and now that my rear plate finally came, I am very satisfied.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What sized bolts are needed for the rear luggage rack? Mine vibrated off on the freeway and it was by sheer luck that the tension held the plate in place. Lol. I am missing all 4 bolts now. I know they are 8mm allen, but the installation guide saying "Long" and "short" doesn't help me get replacements...

What sized bolts are needed for the rear luggage rack? Mine vibrated off on the freeway and it was by sheer luck that the tension held the plate in place. Lol. I am missing all 4 bolts now. I know they are 8mm allen, but the installation guide saying "Long" and "short" doesn't help me get replacements...

I had to replace a couple of mine too. I had the 2 from the other side to take to the hardware store and compare. Didn't keep a record of the size. (Sorry) The bigger problem is that there is a sleeve that goes into the hole, then the bolt passes through that. I found a piece of steel tubing at the hardware store and cut it to length. Be sure and get lock nuts and/or use thread locker.

I like those low profile side arms. The rack on my 2016 was from Honda, but I've never seen this part anywhere. My bike was a demo used by Honda at shows.
I recently bashed my shin while swinging my leg over the bike, on the tip of the bend on the arms.
I think mine might work better for a passenger, but I've been thinking when I get a new 750 NC I won't transfer this rack to the new bike!

Attachments

• 20170713_164056.jpg
    20170713_164056.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 68
Back