Honda Top Case

ti_ti_ta

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for a honda topcase for my '16 NC700X. Seems like they are all on back order everywhere. I have the Honda sidecases already which is why I'm specifically after the Honda top case.

Janus

Reaction score
Visit site
Every time I've ordered something from Rocky Mountain ATV & MC that was on backorder it only took an extra few days to arrive. They don't keep random nicknacks in stock, just the stuff that is small or sells often

ti_ti_ta

Reaction score
Visit site
So after waiting for a new one from a dealer I've now been told they are discontinued. I guess it's time to look for another solution. Or someone will sell me theirs.

Speedfilm

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered one back in July when I bought the bike and waited for a month until they finally told me it discontinued, The parts guy located 3 dealerships in the country that had one in stock, The first one I called had sold theirs' so I got mine from the second one on the list. Maybe they will offer it with the new NC that would but they don't list any accessories on the website yet. I bought mine since my helmet wont fit in the frunk.

ti_ti_ta

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered one back in July when I bought the bike and waited for a month until they finally told me it discontinued, The parts guy located 3 dealerships in the country that had one in stock, The first one I called had sold theirs' so I got mine from the second one on the list. Maybe they will offer it with the new NC that would but they don't list any accessories on the website yet. I bought mine since my helmet wont fit in the frunk.
Strange since its still listed on the honda website. The place i talked to said they would have it later this week and ship it next week. Outlook not good. I guess I might get a generic one and just drill it down.

revmatch

Reaction score
Visit site
Honda did make a couple new top boxes for the 2021 model (38L and 50L I believe). You can see them in some of the YouTube reviews from Europe and Asia.

Unfortunately, they’ve yet to release or even announce a 2021 accessory catalog for the US. Hoping that changes soon given that 2021 models should start arriving in a few weeks.

ti_ti_ta

Reaction score
Visit site
Honda did make a couple new top boxes for the 2021 model (38L and 50L I believe). You can see them in some of the YouTube reviews from Europe and Asia.

Unfortunately, they’ve yet to release or even announce a 2021 accessory catalog for the US. Hoping that changes soon given that 2021 models should start arriving in a few weeks.
Shesh. I'm half considering removing the side cases I have and just doing something else entirely. I don't have the OEM rear rack and whatnots since it came with honda sidecases....which don't lock as I'm missing the cam plate...which you also can't order (and never could from what I can tell).

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
Shesh. I'm half considering removing the side cases I have and just doing something else entirely. I don't have the OEM rear rack and whatnots since it came with honda sidecases....which don't lock as I'm missing the cam plate...which you also can't order (and never could from what I can tell).
I'm not understanding this. The only way to have oem side cases is to have the oem rear rack and grab handle assembly with brackets. So if you have oem honda sidecases on your bike already, you should already have the oem rear rack that is required for the oem, top box to mount to.

I had to install all of that on my 2013 model. Bought my 2016 model with all of that plus the top box already on it.

ti_ti_ta

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not understanding this. The only way to have oem side cases is to have the oem rear rack and grab handle assembly with brackets. So if you have oem honda sidecases on your bike already, you should already have the oem rear rack that is required for the oem, top box to mount to.

I had to install all of that on my 2013 model. Bought my 2016 model with all of that plus the top box already on it.
Mine came with the saddlebag rack. When completely stock does it not have a little baby rack or anything? Or any kind of parts that come off at all?

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When it is completely stock, it has different grab handles that just sort of jut backwards and end, with no mounting holes of flat spot for a rack.