• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hondaline saddlebags...identify these rubber pieces?

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy Jim ordered the Hondaline saddlebags for his NC. Of course no instructions came with them. He got them on, but had these pieces left over. Anyone know what they are for?

WEadgb6h.jpg

Janus you have these ..bags.. do you recognize these?

Btw he said keying the lock was a lot of fun lol.

And he can't get the bags to mount with those rubber bullet shaped pieces on the long lower mounting bars. He can only get them to mount if he takes those rubber pieces off.

note: (not the rubber pieces shown above..we have no idea where those go hence the thread)

i have the Honda side bags and i had to bend the rubber covered side bars slightly to get the bags to fit and lock on correctly. I did it by sliding a length of steel pipe over each and making minor bends until they mounted easily. No adjustments again in 3 years.

I have the Honda accessory panniers and I don’t recognize those rubber pieces. Mine snap right into place.

Try this. I just took my stock Honda saddlebags off of my 2012.

The female hook-up tube on the back of each saddlebag has a rubber bumper buried in it.
The domed end of the bumper is facing out.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: MZ5
Janus you have these ..bags.. do you recognize these?

Btw he said keying the lock was a lot of fun lol.

And he can't get the bags to mount with those rubber bullet shaped pieces on the long lower mounting bars. He can only get them to mount if he takes those rubber pieces off.

note: (not the rubber pieces shown above..we have no idea where those go hence the thread)
Those look like the caps for the lower mount. I'll take a look at my rack when I get my bike in a couple of hours and report back

I don’t see those on my Honda saddlebags, either, but wonder about them functioning as a ‘stopper’ inside the saddlebag mount tubes (like Alias suggested).

It had long black hard plastic pieces with tapered ends on the lower mounts but he couldn't get the bags to mount up with them on there, so he took them off and they would go on.

It had long black hard plastic pieces with tapered ends on the lower mounts but he couldn't get the bags to mount up with them on there, so he took them off and they would go on.
As far as I can see. those rubber mounts go inside the tubes on the back of each saddlebags. the pointed end of the rubber pieces point out. the rod like mount on the bike plug into those tubes. The rubber pieces would act like a cushion against the end of the rods.

OOPS......Using a good flashlight, it now appears that the rounder end goes in first.

You didn't show a photo of each side of the rubber pieces. If one side is flat, then insert the rounded end first.

Last edited:
As far as I can see. those rubber mounts go inside the tubes on the back of each saddlebags. the pointed end of the rubber pieces point out. the rod like mount on the bike plug into those tubes. The rubber pieces would act like a cushion against the end of the rods.

OOPS......Using a good flashlight, it now appears that the rounder end goes in first.

You didn't show a photo of each side of the rubber pieces. If one side is flat, then insert the rounded end first.
After looking at one of my panniers I walk back on my post #4 above and now concur. They fit inside the tube bolted to the bottom of the pannier. Mine present a flat surface to the camera so they must have been inserted domed side inwards.

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

Thanks for the pic Dave. I'll tell him, and see what he says.

Btw what footpegs are those? Exactly what I'm looking for
The PO installed them so I'm not certain but they look like these by SW-Motech.

Back