• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Horizon's Unlimited Appomattox VA Event April 28-May 1st

As for being able to use your electronic stuff, the no-fi sometimes never works. I have hopes of going, but it is up to others folks. Hope to be there.

Unfortunately, they can't this year. It's going to drive them nuts missing it and knowing I'm there. Maybe next year though

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk

With a little luck I will be off to Horizon's Unlimited Appomattox VA on Wednesday . One of the folks I really want to meet at Appromattox is Dylan Wickrama. His adventures around the world are amazing! His adventure of When the road ends - Beating the Darien Gap on a Boatercycle, has to be one of the greatest adventures ever. Can not wait to meet him and learn first hand about the Darien Gap, and adventure I have hopes of taking in 2017.

[video=youtube;TbpSr5wh0_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbpSr5wh0_Q[/video]

I'd love to ride up for the day just to meet some of you guys. Is that doable? I guess I'd have to pay registration

I know you can show up just for Saturday if you want. I think you could probably do a 1 day registration for any day really. If you show up I am sure they will work something out for you. They do not want to turn any rider away I am sure. There were left over cabin spaces last year and there is plenty of camping area if you want to camp. The meals were the only thing they were limited on, but lots of people were doing their own cooking outside as well. There are also restaurants within 30 minutes ride.

Come on out and meet up with us! I should be getting there probably early afternoon on Thursday. Remember Friday is the ride out to Appomattox and the tour of the place. I assume that will be shorty after breakfast and before lunch? Usually there are presentations in the afternoons.

I think OCR and I will be in the bunkhouse like last year. If you get there just start asking around.. most people know who OCR is... he's getting a kind of celebrity status I think ... LOL

Just met a very cool couple this weekend while staying at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground who are on their way there. Doc and Karen I think her name is. Super nice folks with loads of riding stories. I enjoyed spending time with them. Anyway, the spoke very highly of the Horizons Unlimited group and said these are a must if you're even slightly interested.

Just met a very cool couple this weekend while staying at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground who are on their way there. Doc and Karen I think her name is. Super nice folks with loads of riding stories. I enjoyed spending time with them. Anyway, the spoke very highly of the Horizons Unlimited group and said these are a must if you're even slightly interested.

What were they riding? I'll say Hi to them for you. They are right about the HU meets. I can't wait for them to roll around each year. I'm trying very hard to get enough time off at one time to at least do a Mexico trip. Once I retire I plan on doing a Central America trip... possibly followed by a South America trip. Lots of stuff to learn at these meets, you should definitely plan to come to one. There is one at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in October. I've been to several there and they are every bit as good. The riding is amazing there as I am sure you already know. It's located just south of Bryson City. It may be closer to you than Appomattox.

Leave Wednesday morning around 6:30AM, headed to Appomattox. Will be trying new setup this time with a lot less stuff. Will see if I can travel with less? I will be camping out this time.

Sadly I don't recall what they were riding. They have several bikes each and so they were telling stories about each bike. I think she was on an older bummer. He is a thin guy prob in his 60s/70s white beard. He was telling us a story about how he off roads is Road Glide and one time tipped it over in super soft sand/mud and was fortunate enough to be under a bridge where they used a rope over the bridge to hoist his fully loaded Road Glide back up on its wheels. hahahaha.

Just realized this is a 20 hour trip each way, not a 10 hour trip, so I guess I am living in a few hours.
With a mighty - Hi Ho, Nana Chou - Away!

Just realized this is a 20 hour trip each way, not a 10 hour trip, so I guess I am living in a few hours.
With a mighty - Hi Ho, Nana Chou - Away!

Hope you can dodge the storms... they are headed this way OCR...so be careful. Get as many miles as you can in while the weather is good and hunker down when the storms come through. See you there my friend!

Be there as soon as possible. The battery in my phone GPS went out. So like always I am lost. What a wonderful world. So, I could possibly drive around in circles for weeks. Please save me a camping site near you.

Back