• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Horizons Unlimited Stecoah, NC

I want to do more of that type of exploring.

Sounds like a plan. Let me know when you're ready.
I'm finally updating my TomTom rider maps, since it acted silly for the last time.
Glad I was riding with 670cc who knew which way is home.
:p

Haha! Hey, OCR, at 1:34 in your movie, right at the end of the bridge by the "Fugitive" dam, that's me going by! I saw you and waved, but you seemed focused on that 20 mph curve coming up. It was a beautiful morning, eh?

IMG_0079.jpg

Last edited:
OCR gets the "true grit" award for HU2016.
He surprised all of us just by showing up with his recent surgery.
I've ridden with no pegs (broken off) but long distance with
no rear braking! that takes the cake.
Get well soon, OCR your Dakar AT is near.
:D
Deals Gap !!!!!

"the hill-holder pedal on the right side" is quite effective on 20mph curves!
;)

For whatever reason the rear brake on my 2015 is much better than the rear brake was on my 2012. Some of the early bikes had the rear caliper mounted not exactly square to the disk.

i like the brakes on my 2013, seem pretty balanced in application... but i haven't had too many terror stops yet ; }

The rear brakes on the NC7 are just fine, and do work well. The brakes were not the problem, my body was. DCTFAN was just joking, as I could reach the rear brakes on his Africa Twin, but my right leg could not currently turn in enough to reach the rear brake on the NC7. The two bikes are just designed a little different.

The rear brakes on the NC7 are just fine, and do work well. The brakes were not the problem, my body was. DCTFAN was just joking, as I could reach the rear brakes on his Africa Twin, but my right leg could not currently turn in enough to reach the rear brake on the NC7. The two bikes are just designed a little different.

Be honest, you were just trying to play the sympathy card so he would give you his AT.

OCR gets the "true grit" award for HU2016.
He surprised all of us just by showing up with his recent surgery.
I've ridden with no pegs (broken off) but long distance with
no rear braking! that takes the cake.
Get well soon, OCR your Dakar AT is near.
:D

He did that in 2013 or 2014 HU meet at Iron Horse too, after he broke his wing....err I mean collarbone on the haul road up in Alaska. He doesn't let little things like surgeries or broken bones keep him away from anything motorcycle related.....

He's a tough old bird :D

Last edited:
Back