• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hotwired brand heated jacket

@melensdad so if you were buying now, knowing what you do, would you buy the one you have or the Venture jacket for a little more to get the remote? I've been looking at both, and some of the other options you listed previously.

@melensdad so if you were buying now, knowing what you do, would you buy the one you have or the Venture jacket for a little more to get the remote? I've been looking at both, and some of the other options you listed previously.
Yes. As this was a gift I’m thrilled to have it but the Venture is only slightly more expensive and includes a remote. My choice, if buying now, would be Venture. Best value I can see and the jackets all look pretty much the same so no need to pay a bunch more for controllers.

FWIW - I have the Venture jacket and the remote is extremely easy to install and pair -- just straps to the handlebar and works easily and is easily seen in all conditions.

So if found a WARM & SAFE Heattroller for $30.

It is compatible with the HOTWIRED jacket.

As the HOTWIRED jacket has a 4 way switch built into the jacket, the way to use a separate heattroller is to turn on the jacket to the HIGHEST (red) setting; this will allow 100% of the current to pass the jacket's internal controller switch. Then use the rotary knob on the heat troller to dial down the heat to any comfortable temperature by regulating down the current..

Basically I'm using the HOTWIRED jacket as a conventional heated jacket.

My personal choice, after all of this, would be the VENTURE brand.

Melensdad, you are correct and I edited my post above. Gerbing does not include the battery harness with the controller and you have to pony up for it. They used to however and that also explains my use of Gerbings vs the current brand name of Gerbing. When I bought my jacket it was still the original company created by Gordon Gerbing and my own gear is original and name branded Gerbings - not Gerbing. The family sold the company about 15 years ago and Gordon had to wait out a non-compete to start a new company - Gordon's Heated Clothing.
I bought all of my Gerbings on closeout from Heated Clothing Outlet, the website has since been shut down. Every item I bought came with about a pound's worth of connectors that they were just getting rid of. I never put heated grips on my NC because I have glove liners that plug into the sleeves of my jacket liner.

Back