• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Houston, Nana Chou here, we got a problem !

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
3.jpgNana Chou like Humpty Dumpty had a big fall. Now the parts have arrive, and I started putting Nana Chou back together again. First I looked at the 3 bags of bolts, then I looked at all the new parts. Then I commenced to look at the 3 bags of bolts, then I looked at all the new parts. After repeating this process about ten times, I knew something was going wrong up top. Why can't I remember taking this bike apart. Bingo, got the answer. I did not tear this bike down, my wife did it!

So running into the house we go. "Honey, can you please help me put Nana Chou back together again?" Answer "No".
Just a plain and simple "No". Now my wife loves to work on motorcycles, and it's early in the new day, and I can not remember doing anything to piss her off yet! So I ask "Honey, are you sick!" Answer "No".

Now for you young fellows out there who just got married, start calling your wife "Honey" now. When you get old, fat, short, and ugly like me, "Honey" sounds so loving and natural, especially when you can not remember her name. You just got to learn how to talk to your wife properly with respect.

So one more time with respect and charm, "Honey, will you pretty please with sugar on top, help me get poor old Nana Chou up and on her two little tires again". Answer "No".

"Honey, do you have something more important that you just have to get done today, if so I understand and we can do it together tomorrow." Answer "No".

Now you got to read a little body language here also, when a woman is standing in front of you with both her arms crossed that is not a good sign. Ain't nothing that you can say could possibly get through to change her mine. Best to just walk away clean when those arms are crossed in front of her. But I lost it. That did it, I used the trigger word that no rational man should ever even consider saying to his wife - "Why". That opened the flood gates, and did I hear it. Answer "We will fix Nana Chou after the doctor says it is alright for you to ride again, and not one second before then."

After making this critical error it was time to find a escape route. So, out the back door I did go.

Spent the entire day working on Nana Chou with one hand. You can not even begin to image how many times bolts will hit the ground with just one good hand to work with. Got the front brace and head light back on Nana Chou today. This will be a record setting rebuild, this two day job could last weeks. However, that is better than 14 weeks before the doctor releases me. But as soon as Nana Chou can ride, we will ride and ride, and ride. "Wife's ?"3.jpg

SmileyWifeMad.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
When I got married my father-in-law called me off to the side to tell me two things.

1. She throws thiings! I showed him the bump on my head.

2. She don't cook! Told him that was ok as my mother could not cook either.

After my wife graduated, she joined me at flight school. Every night we went out to eat, until Thanksgiving arrived. I made the mistake of telling my wife that this was the first Thanksgiving in my life that I had not eaten at my grandmother's.

Thanksgiving at my grandmother's was just surreal, everyone for 3 generations in the family, everyone who ever lived on the same block as my grandmother, and the neighbor's kids who drove half way across the county with their kids to eat at my grandmothers for Thanksgiving. My grandmother raised her own turkeys just for Thanksgiving. This was a major event with over 100 people she feed. Oh yes, forgot to mention street people showed up also, my grandmother set them at the head of the table.

Being my wife knew how much Thanksgiving meant to me, and that she and both her parents had eaten there the last two years, this is when she decided that she was cooking a Thanksgiving meal.

Now my wife takes in stray critters. At this time we had the world's best garbage can food consuming cat. Before he moved in, I do believe every meal he had eaten in his life had come from a garbage can.

My wife cooked a great looking meal. However, the dressing had to been on the shelf at Winn Dixie for at least 20 years. I bit into the dressing first, and let me tell you there had never been anything that fool in my mouth sense that day forward in my life. Knowing my wife will throw something at me if I react in the wrong matter, I spit that fool matter into my hand, and lowered it to the floor without my wife seeing me do it. You know it, the garbage can cat came running over for the food I placed on the floor. Once he bit into it, I got this sucker are to trying to kill me look as he spit that fool matter across the table. You know it, landed dead center on my wife's nose between her two eyes. As I ducked the sharp knife see threw at me, that stuck into the wall behind me, she ran into the bathroom and cried for two hours.

So, sense Thanksgiving 1967 my wife has not attempted another home made meal. We eat out every night, and it is a lot safer for me to pay for the meal.1.jpg

SmileyBowHead.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Keep her happy and she will continue to feed you! Work on the bike when you can and take your time so it looks like it will never get finished. That should keep her happy! :)

Ixna on the feeding thing... thats possibly the saddest thing I've ever heard... lol

Last edited:
Keep the one who cares for you while you're broken happy! Best advice I got. I'm sure she'll be more happy to help you when you're all healed up and OK to ride. I know it would be nice to have Nana all ready to go the moment the doc says OK, but keeping the peace with wifey can be very beneficial to ones health.
;)
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

The bottom line is to make her stop worrying about your health/safety and give her a peace of mind. Either you convince her nothing to worry about or you pretend to stay away from the thing that worries her, you know better which trick works best.

And sorry i cant help to laugh on the feeding thing... Lool :sly:

Sent from my X508 using Tapatalk 4

In this delicate area of subject matter, most of the time, forgiveness is extended long before
permission is. ;)
9.jpg

mpgandfun - Now here is a man who thinks like me. Always ask for forgiveness, never permission. I was taught that 48 years ago by my father-in-law. Heck, I was at his house when he came home with the new truck he had just purchased with my mother-in-laws money. I really always admired that man's ducking abilities. I believe I acquired some of my ducking abilities by watching my father-in-law in action. Man, when that hot iron came flying across the room, that man hit the ground faster than anyone I have ever scene. That hot iron hit the curtain and caught the entire house on fire. However, he managed to put out all the fires that day. The wonders of forgiveness. Yes, I will be riding again soon. Thanks for that sane reminder.

SmileyMiseltoe.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back