• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Shoot, ya. I actually didn't mean for it to be too tough. I've even seen mini ones decorating front yards but somewhat regional, eh?. I'm fairly new to this, so now what? More patience? More promotion of this thread? I post a new challenge? I broaden my post to include anything with a light and/or with a house?

As far as I can tell, someone still needs to get a picture of their NC700 with a lighthouse, as per post #1534. If the tag is getting too old with no winners, (usually over two weeks), the poster of the latest tag can clearly assign a new tag by way of posing their bike by a new feature, or just modify the description of the existing tag to make it easier.

The rules of the the game are in the first post of this long thread, seen here, and expanded upon at other points in the thread: How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

I even did a search to try and find anything that resembled one in my area without traveling 300+ miles west to locate one, all tono avail!! :{P

I stumbled upon this tag by accident at the Lighthouse Cafe, Mt. Judea, Arkansas. Stay tuned for the new tag. I’ll find something today on my 200 mile ride.

A2ECD1E8-ACC6-4877-BE7D-7D8EC3AEE70F.jpg

Last edited:
Phew!
Wait a second, are we sure that's an NC you're on?
Totally kidding...great job.
We'll stay tuned. Happy riding!

The next tag is a thing that seems to be dying out. Maybe you have them in your area, or maybe they’re all gone. These are all gone where I live but they’re all over northern Arkansas. The tag is a gasoline pump with mechanical dials and no credit/debit card reader. The nozzle typically hangs on the side, and often there is a lever on the side that is rotated or flipped over the nozzle holder to turn the pump on and off.

52A8336F-D49B-407C-8DFA-A1CD913DEBCD.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve seen plenty of people go inside and pay, then put the nozzle in their car and scratch their head wondering why gas won’t flow. I then tell them you have to lift the lever.
Those pumps are totally gone anywhere near a city.

JT

I know of 2. They're both a couple hundred miles from where I live (in opposite directions)... if they're still there.

Nice one Greg! There is an old Husky Station about an hour from me way back in the woods that i know has those!! It'll be well worth the ride and i can stop there for some !!PIE!! Oh wait a minute now, i just remembered we have an old Cenex station a lot closer so i can grab this one tomorrow on my way to work haha!! :{)

Nice one Greg! There is an old Husky Station about an hour from me way back in the woods that i know has those!! It'll be well worth the ride and i can stop there for some !!PIE!! Oh wait a minute now, i just remembered we have an old Cenex station a lot closer so i can grab this one tomorrow on my way to work haha!! :{)

Cool! Then put up a tag I can get ‘cuz I’ll be on the NC all week going here and there. I already have an idea for the next one.

This does not count for anything, but I have kind of the opposite. While I didn't find an old one, I did stop for gas tonight at one of the newest pumps in the world (just opened 2 weeks ago, place still under construction).

aa7f7746823aa58bbb4b5a4febb0c5b4.jpg

Old Tag... Mechanical Gas Pump.... sort of easy-peasy for me. This is my normal gas stop. Non-ethanol in multiple grades. Close to my (old) commute.

0419191343_HDR_resized.jpg

New Tag. How about an Artesian Well? This one is in downtown Olympia, WA. The city built up around it and, finally, the city bought the site and built a little structure to support the end of the pipe and keep the 'delivery' end of the pipe as sanitary as possible. The city constantly monitors the water quality and posts the results online. People come from all over the area to fill up buckets, jugs, pails, bottles, etc to take the water home because it is really THAT good. I think I read that it flows around 90 gph.

0419191330a_HDR_resized.jpg

>Thom

I don't know if I'll be able to get a pic as the road where one is located within a reasonable distance is very curvy and narrow.

Turns out I have ridden past it quite a few times not even knowing what it was until I started searching for them in my area.

I will keep a close eye on this challenge. It appears that there may not be as many of these artesian wells around as I thought.
>T

Back