• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Old tag: a caboose or RR crossing. While not a just single RR crossing, I came across this railroad/road relationship today where the railroad runs right down the middle of the main street through town.

26CF0035-3850-4557-8732-6EA29E8075D9.jpeg

And then I was also lucky to find a caboose today.

4A06AAF8-1826-451D-AFB8-FCE3745053B3.jpeg

New tag: a replica of a man made thing placed where it would not normally be found, in my example a replica Dutch windmill along the banks of the Mississippi River. Another possible example might be a replica submarine on a mountain top or in a shopping center.

B5F1AFF4-676A-4580-81D4-C59CCC112EC5.jpeg

Last edited:
Old tag: a replica of a man made thing placed where it would not normally be found......this elephant stands in front of a restaurant/gas stationnc1.jpg
New Tag: The end of a tar/asphalt road and the start of a gravel road
nc2.jpg

Old tag: Some kind of border
This photo includes a few. It features the land border between…
Town of Tecumseh / City of Windsor.
Just below the horizon are the water borders between…
Province of Ontario / State of Michigan
and
Canada / United States of America.
52D6A1FC-78C1-491E-A9D2-1624576CBBAB.jpeg

New tag: Shipping container or move out bin
90ABC89B-1573-4F8B-9474-1B1252CD710E.jpeg

Last edited:
Old tag encouraging words(i need those now!)

I know its a bit of a stretch.
BBE3C985-5410-499E-BD5B-4658C9B06AA0.jpeg

1AD9F2D8-44A3-46F3-96B5-F45CEAF6FF1A.jpeg

:(

Ok lets get this one over-with as its gonna be a long post.

Well for my final new tag is your bike infront of a place that makes product that is used countrywide.

My example below isnt just a tag photo anymore but now cares personal meaning as its the american printing house for the blind in louisville, ky. This will be one of my final posts in this forum outside of selling all my accessories. Ive had an lifelong vision issues and Ive had yet another setback, so im sadly selling my Nc700X and being forced out of a childhood dream after only 2 months and 2500 miles after waiting to do this for over 20 years.

This forum has been a great resource and Im greatful for its help in setting my bike for its short lived journey and im grateful for the help.

Now Im hoping this isnt the end of my two wheeled journey depending on how bad this actually goes as Im quite active in the bicycle and electric bicycle industry and will be branching off into the rabbit hole of ebikes with 180ftlbs of torque thatll do a thing the DCT NC wont do………..wheelie!

Well for one final time here the photo(sorry about the rant)!
1A9D1D91-1348-43D5-A000-D557D7278191.jpeg

Last edited:
Old tag encouraging words(i need those now!)

I know its a bit of a stretch.
View attachment 50321

View attachment 50322

:(

Ok lets get this one over-with as its gonna be a long post.

Well for my final new tag is your bike infront of a place that makes product that is used countrywide.

My example below isnt just a tag photo anymore but now cares personal meaning as its the american printing house for the blind in louisville, ky. This will be one of my final posts in this forum outside of selling all my accessories. Ive had an lifelong vision issues and Ive had yet another setback, so im sadly selling my Nc700X and being forced out of a childhood dream after only 2 months and 2500 miles after waiting to do this for over 20 years.

This forum has been a great resource and Im greatful for its help in setting my bike for its short lived journey and im grateful for the help.

Now Im hoping this isnt the end of my two wheeled journey depending on how bad this actually goes as Im quite active in the bicycle and electric bicycle industry and will be branching off into the rabbit hole of ebikes with 180ftlbs of torque thatll do a thing the DCT NC wont do………..wheelie!

Well for one final time here the photo(sorry about the rant)!
View attachment 50323
Thank you for reminding me to live in the moment and appreciate what I have. May you find something that floats your boat in the same way :)

That last tag was quite something. We feel for you, Harry, and wish you well with everything. Ride safe and have fun, no matter what you ride!

Old tag: place that makes product used countrywide
E700F0DE-965B-4F96-8800-CE62CAAB2904.jpeg
This is Mold Masters Co in Lapeer, Michigan. I don’t know a lot about them but they make car parts that end up in vehicles around the USA and beyond.

New tag: Something protected by barbed wire
BB6B17D5-9EE5-4E36-AF2A-D5142D4E95BC.jpeg
This is in Sarnia, Ontario. There are oil refineries around it but I think this is an electricity generation facility.

Old tag: something protected by barbed wire. Here is an electrical substation.

8CC6011C-07A0-4B05-9112-ECD242D7B417.jpeg

New tag: a sign that mentions motorcycles.

2D2B26EC-D3C4-4497-A036-3085CFBB669E.jpeg

Old tag: a sign that mentions motorcycles
0A8860F2-AEA8-4F38-AB89-C8A35387B36B.jpeg
Straight above my seat is a “Look twice, Save a life” sign. While motorcycles aren’t mentioned by name, they are by shape!

The donkeys in that yard are a nice touch, but I rode elsewhere to make the next tag a bit more general…

New tag: the pound (or Humane Society / ASPCA / animal shelter)
7B8A2AF4-5F89-420E-8138-F964CE844C8C.jpeg

That’s a tough one. It could take an overnight trip for some people. I checked the USA map, and in some areas of the US, national monument opportunities are sparse. I don’t know about the national monuments in other countries.

EA8D7358-BAE4-4667-826B-D2D4D94A4B27.png

Last edited:
Old tag: A boat on a barge with a crane on a boat
42E5D263-919B-4088-9D26-4D47017E2267.jpeg

Just kidding! The last tag was one I set back in September. I broadened it Oct. 5 and think someone got it the next day but deleted their post.

Since it’s been another few weeks, I’m going to take the liberty of setting a new challenge.

New tag: Decorations (could be anything decorated for any occassion!)
19CC3918-B175-4AB9-A464-7DC64513BB36.jpeg

This may or may not be a new tag and the bike is a KLR but I wanted to play with what I had....

One picture is from the geographic center of the United States. About 30 miles away the other picture is near the Geodetic Center of North America aka the North America Datum (some legal property description thingy).

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_172725608_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220804_172725608_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220804_182900124_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220804_182900124_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20221126-091456.png
    Screenshot_20221126-091456.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 7
Cool pictures. To play the game, you must take a picture with your motorcycle with the old tag. In this case a steam train. Then you post a picture of your bike next to whatever you want the next tag to be.

Not sure if it has to be an NC, or if any motorcycle will qualify. I’m sure someone else can jump in and clarify that point.

This may or may not be a new tag and the bike is a KLR but I wanted to play with what I had....

One picture is from the geographic center of the United States. About 30 miles away the other picture is near the Geodetic Center of North America aka the North America Datum (some legal property description thingy).
In post #1 of the thread, the game rules are shown as follows:

----------
Here's how it works: I will post a pic of my NC in front of/next to an object, landmark, building, etc.. Use
your imagination! Its usually something somewhat unique, but not so rare that it is impossible to find elsewhere. Whoever is "IT"
gives a brief description along with their pic. For example, in my case: "In front of a larger-than-life animal statue."

The challenge for the next person, is to post a pic of their NC next to/in front of a similar object fitting the
description, and in the same reply, choose something new for the next person to match and post their pic and
description. And so on, and so on,......

----------

The NC, or one of it's variant models (CTX, NM4, Integra, X-ADV, etc), needs to be totally or partially present in the photo with the tag subject. To win the tag, it must be a new photo, taken after the tag challenge was presented (no photos from your archive). This gives us incentive to go out and ride to get the tag.

"steam train", as of 13-Nov-2022, remains the current tag.

Last edited:
In post #1 of the thread, the game rules are shown as follows:

----------
Here's how it works: I will post a pic of my NC in front of/next to an object, landmark, building, etc.. Use
your imagination! Its usually something somewhat unique, but not so rare that it is impossible to find elsewhere. Whoever is "IT"
gives a brief description along with their pic. For example, in my case: "In front of a larger-than-life animal statue."

The challenge for the next person, is to post a pic of their NC next to/in front of a similar object fitting the
description, and in the same reply, choose something new for the next person to match and post their pic and
description. And so on, and so on,......

----------

The NC, or one of it's variant models (CTX, NM4, Integra, X-ADV, etc), needs to be totally or partially present in the photo with the tag subject. To win the tag, it must be a new photo, taken after the tag challenge was presented (no photos from your archive). This gives us incentive to go out and ride to get the tag.

"steam train", as of 13-Nov-2022, remains the current tag.
Got it

Back