• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

I am probably late, but:

Old tag: something like a pyramid.
image.jpg

Actually there is no pyramid there now, but that is where one of the Ozark Trail markers used to stand. They were columns with pyramids at the top.

Here is what it looked like:
image.jpg

There used to be a store there with the name.

image.jpg

New tag:
The moon. ( I know, easy.)
View attachment 30793

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Sorry, I am new to this. Trying to clean it up.

The pictures are rotated correctly in my photo library. I don't know how to flip them on the post.

Well, I give up. I see no way to rotate them on here. I deleted them and rotated them in the library before uploading again and they are still wrong.

Last edited:
Sorry, I am new to this. Trying to clean it up.

The pictures are rotated correctly in my photo library. I don't know how to flip them on the post.

Well, I give up. I see no way to rotate them on here. I deleted them and rotated them in the library before uploading again and they are still wrong.

If you are on Windows you can use this free utility to rotate and/or resize photos.

Image Resizer for Windows - Lets you resize images by right-clicking.

Well, saw the moon was still up during a break in today's ride. Was about to dig out the phone to take a pic when we got semi-swarmed by yellow jackets, we decided not to fight them. :eek:

Next Challenge (easy one) - your ride next to a bicycle

This crusty old touring bike has taken me through so much:

30 miles a day commuting for 5 years
'Super Randonneur' status twice
1000k in 4 days
300 miles in a day
7PDGibDl.jpg

But, it's about to become my official 'rain bike' when my new Bob Jackson arrives from England in a couple weeks.
asHa70V.jpg

^Something like this, but green with lots of chrome.

New tag: Dog Park (bonus points for dogs in action!)

i7H8IhHl.jpg

(It was too hot when I went, so nobody there)

^Something like this, but green with lots of chrome.

I sincerely hope that's BRG (British Racing Green), not that I'm biased or anything!! :D Leeds is just over an hour from where I was born & raised, and just a short stop off the M62 - the major route from my parents back to Manchester airport. A trip they'll be taking this week when they return back to the UK after being at their State-side home for the last 6 months!

Once you receive the frame you should have some fun time ahead of you putting the components together ready for a ride, and then the joys of rides & tweaks. The town I spent my childhood in was also the home of Falcon cycles. Not in the same category, but still a cool place to check out as a kid and watch the process of bikes being born (my neighbour was a manager and could take us in!).

I sincerely hope that's BRG (British Racing Green), not that I'm biased or anything!! :D Leeds is just over an hour from where I was born & raised, and just a short stop off the M62 - the major route from my parents back to Manchester airport. A trip they'll be taking this week when they return back to the UK after being at their State-side home for the last 6 months!

Once you receive the frame you should have some fun time ahead of you putting the components together ready for a ride, and then the joys of rides & tweaks. The town I spent my childhood in was also the home of Falcon cycles. Not in the same category, but still a cool place to check out as a kid and watch the process of bikes being born (my neighbour was a manager and could take us in!).

It's actually called 'bottle green flamboyant', which was as close to BRG as I could get with some metallic flash, along with 'sparkle silver metallic' panels, gold lining and decals, and chrome in all the traditional spots.

I have all the components ready to go, and yes, it was quite a process to gather them all together and have it all look right and work together. I'm having the local bike shop put it all together for me when it gets here.

I went with modern components with a classic look(a few samples):

3F8ToL7.png

NwsV6Dh.jpg

4lRLhH3.jpg

YnMb4pL.png

G8iXQcK.jpg

Reminder--new tag is DOG PARK

If dog park is still open tomorrow, I can add 20-30 miles to the end of our planned ride and get it, unless the map is lying to me.
I also need to find a new tag along the way for the follow up.

The sign for the park was way back at the beginning of the access road, so I got a pic of the dog washing station inside the park.

Old tag
Dog Park: Dog_Park.jpg

I'll have to get the new tag tomorrow, road work and bad leading from my "expert" in the area buddy caused it to get too late today.

I went back to a place we went through while going the wrong way yesterday.

New Tag: Old Concrete Bridge or anything covered in Graffiti

Bridge_Pic1.jpgBridge_Pic2.jpg

New tag: Dog Park (bonus points for dogs in action!)

(It was too hot when I went, so nobody there)

The sign for the park was way back at the beginning of the access road, so I got a pic of the dog washing station inside the park.

Pardon the interruption, but I could not bear to let two photos of dog parks go by with no dogs! I got a photo on my bike today:

8zsWhrJl.jpg

^This beautiful German Shepherd pup was just on her way in.

Bonus gator(not in the dog park, but close by):

Qt0x67Sl.jpg

Back to the concrete bridge / graffiti...

Not exactly covered in it, but old concrete bridge and graffiti, so hopefully this squeaks by just to get the game going again...

Concrete bridge graffitti.jpg

If that is permissible, then new tag: A Conservatory, OR a Greenhouse, OR a Geodesic dome, OR just Glass Blocks. Take your pick. ;)

Conservatory.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't miss that opportunity... too easy :)

IMG_0324.jpg

And new challenge is NC in front of an oil tanker/freight ship or - if you don't have an oil tanker or freight ship close, like L.B.S ;) - in front of a mountain:

IMG_0152.jpg

Bonus point if you have a girl with a bandana / head band in the picture! :D

Ha! Most excellent! :cool:

I know. Funny thing is, I took the bike's pic at Locarno today exactly for the purpose of participating to the game, thinking I'd just post it when I would have the matching picture in the game... then I come home, look at the thread, and see your post... rode back the bike to Queen Elizabeth Park, took the pic, and done :D

Back