• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

I’m going skiing later this week, but I don’t intend to ride the NC to get there.

The closest slope from me is about 100 miles away and they are already open. Meaning snow and ice on the road so this tag will be going to someone other than me. Good luck out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woo hoo! A warm, dry day means I get a chance to play. :D

Old tag: An old train station. Peninsula (Ohio) Depot, built c.1880, currently used by the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.
View attachment 37560

New tag: A ski slope. (Doesn't have to be operating at the moment!)
View attachment 37561

Any chance we could get a broader topic to search? Probably won’t be until April that I’d be able to get this tag. But I also never stop riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although mine has long been put away/covered for the winter, I had consider taking it as close as i could safely get and then taking the picture with the slope/runs in the background!! :{P

Although mine has long been put away/covered for the winter, I had consider taking it as close as i could safely get and then taking the picture with the slope/runs in the background!! :{P

A friend of mine suggested using a trailer to safely get the NC to up to a ski area, then back it off just for the picture. :) I told him I don't want this tag that bad.

Yeah, I didn't think it through with respect to how feasible it would be for the next person to get this tag. Mea culpa. I was trying to think of something I hadn't seen done before and I happened to be near a ski slope.

Let's broaden the tag to an outdoor sports & recreation area of any sort.

Outdoor sports:
Tennis courts and football field, Seneca, Missouri.
8727710E-A092-4B7B-A396-92B458FA6563.jpg

New tag:
Near a railroad overpass. Train not required.
8E85AE73-C952-4A82-9149-2E21055FCCE3.jpg

Got it.... A beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest.

Old tag - railroad overpass. This one is on the edge of town in Rainier, WA. I actually rode past two others on the way to this one.

image.jpg

New tag - a street sign for a road that shares a name with a famous political figure that is NOT American.

image.jpg

This one is in Tenino, WA and leads to a beautiful little place called Cozy Valley. As I followed Churchill into the valley, I actually passed a side road named "Winston Rd". Now, that would have been a difficult challenge - finding an intersection with both names of a foreign political figure! To win the tag, you only need one name, first or last of a foreign dignitary.

Go ride.
>Thom

“Shares a name” I can get. You didn’t say “named after” which would be harder.

Old tag:
Street that shares a name with a foreign leader.
335AD58A-EB99-4BA4-90FC-8770B2706107.jpg
Carol Court, almost certainly not named after Carol I (or II), the King of Romania.
03F4A1A9-FD20-4E75-BF06-E74C6E660A68.jpg
I only know about him because I visited Romania a few years ago with my niece.
Carol is the Latin form of Charles, plus it is my wife’s name.
By the way, Transylvania would be a great country to ride in, but the drivers are crazy. (It looks like North Carolina.)

Last edited:
New tag:
Staying with the street theme, a street that shares a name or is named after a leader who died in office.
James A. Garfield, 20th President.
3014C2A4-14BF-4786-A635-5BB8CA10DFB7.jpg

You just made it way too easy for me to get that one. I don't even have to fire up the bike, just roll it out front :)

91jeET7.jpg

sorry that the sign that's more visible isn't the right one, but the right one is legible

and the new one: a crane

6Gye078.jpg

I thought about going to the zoo and taking a picture in front of the cranes there but I found this crane repair facility just down the street from where I work.

20190226_164716.jpg

new tag - A blue semi tractor

20190227_070201.jpg

Yes, that is my tractor.

Back