• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How high is the water Mama, 17 feet and rising!!!

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
I have lived on the water front my entire life, so 17 feet above normal water depth behind my home is not a first for me. However, this time way too many folks are in need. The entire local cities in the Houston areas, are deep under water.

The 1979 tropical depression was at that time a new world's record. But now, the area under water is so much greater than ever. Folks here need all the help they can get!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time in my life, because my bike is in warranty, I carried my bike to a local dealership last week. The gas gauge went south. You got it, the dealership went under water. Have not been able to get by the dealership yet, and it will be a while until I can get to see my motorcycle.

I have been doing volunteer work the last 3 days, so I have not seen my bike yet. As all businesses are closed, I was planning to go tomorrow to see my bike, but my wife just informed me that my sister-in-law's house has gone under, and that I have to go get her from a shelter tomorrow. So, looks like I will be pulling carpet and sheet rock for a few days.

Sure wish the water would quit rising. My daughter has not been able to get back to college as the interstate looks like a very choppy sea.

My Alaska 4 wheel drive truck that I had to purchase to get home from a motorcycle accident a few years back, sure has proven its worth to a few folks the last 3 days. But at times the water has been too high for even my Alaska truck. Had to spend the night at a convince store the night before last, even the Alaska truck could not get me home.

Last edited:
The situation looks terrible on the news. Glad to hear your home is okay, too bad about your bike though. Take care, keep us updated as you have time.

Thanks for posting, I had been worried about you. Awesome to hear you're helping out, but be careful!

I know other folks down that way. All of you have been on my mind. Lived through a couple of storms here in NC, but nothing to compare to Houston. It's hard to imagine the devastation to ones life caused by flooding. I wish you strength, perseverance, and a long stretch of good weather.

I'm glad you're OK, OCR. Many of us were thinking about you. Hang in there, and thanks for posting.

Very scary and reminds one that we are not in charge, Mother Nature can give us a reality check in a quick heart beat. Stay safe! I really hope everyone stays safe!

Glad to see you on here OCR-was thinking of you. I think somebody is trying to tell you not to have an Africa Twin: first, delivery was delayed forever due to a Tsunami and now it is under water due to hurricane.... be safe my friend. Remember, if you cant see the dotted line or the stripes, the road may not be there....

Glad you're safe and sorry you're one of the vicitms, hope your AT is as well. Catastrophes like this make me glad I live relatively high and dry.

Back