• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to derestrict Honda NC700 engine from 35kW (A2) to 38kW (51HP)?

Did you do it yourself? Noticeable difference? Video is super well made!! Tempting to do it when I change out my air filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you run it on a Dyno to come up with the number increase?? Not doubting, just wondering how the numbers were derived.
Thanks for taking time on the video.........love the first song too!!!!!!

Did you do it yourself? Noticeable difference? Video is super well made!! Tempting to do it when I change out my air filter.

The mod does not apply to US models, which were not restricted. Don’t waste your time.

Last edited:
Did you run it on a Dyno to come up with the number increase?? Not doubting, just wondering how the numbers were derived.

I believe the numbers are Honda’s. The restricted power output 35kW rating keeps you in the A2 license classification in Europe. The U.S. always got the full 38kW NC700.

I believe that later, when the CB500 came along, the 500 took over as the A2 model. So then in Europe the NC went to the 750 with higher output than what A2 would allow, since the 500 was now there to take the place of the old restricted NC700 in the product line.

Last edited:
I believe the numbers are Honda’s. The restricted power output 35kW rating keeps you in the A2 license classification in Europe. The U.S. always got the full 38kW NC700.

I believe that later, when the CB500 came along, the 500 took over as the A2 model. So then in Europe the NC went to the 750 with higher output than what A2 would allow, since the 500 was now there to take the place of the old restricted NC700 in the product line.
Correct. Honda did not need two A2 license bikes and the 750 moved the bike just that much further from the 500 class.

The restricted power output 35kW rating keeps you in the A2 license classification in Europe. The U.S. always got the full 38kW NC700.

You're lucky :) Mine NC700S DCT was 35kW. Was... because it's my bike on the movie. Bought in Europe, so A2 restricted, but X version DCT has 38kW. The same engines, but different air intake pipes and ecu part number, but if you reset ECU (as you seen in my movie) when the air filter pipe or exhaust have been changed for improved airflow you will get improve horsepower as well.

Hello guys,

thanks for the guide but I have some questions:
1. how this will affect the motorbike inspections? As for my understand the bike will receive more air so will be 'cleaner' at co2 emissions.
2. I didn't understand how the ECU reset will work, could you explain me what I've to do? I only need to unplug the battery?
3. Will this mod be useful also for NON-DCT nc700s? I think yes, but please confirm me.

Thanks a lot!

Back