• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to make a NC700X look good to

Take her to o Big Bend National Park.
By look good do you mean prepping for your trip and be functional and comfortable there and back? Do you plan on riding loose gravel roads or loose dirt roads or pavement and occasional packed gravel roads? Means different tires and front springs and maybe different rear shock and a skid plate of some kind. Are you tall? Bigger windscreen. Traveling at night, more lighting up front. Auxiliary lighting and maybe change headlight to LED. I like the Denali square 4 led lights. Revzilla.com or twistedthrottle.com. a louder horn... Denali sound bomb is good. See above sites. Putting a power source on is nice as you can charge phone, GoPro, or drone batteries or a sena unit while riding down the road. Hard Bags and a top box for lockable storage. For panniers there are so many choices. Aluminum or plastic??? Added rear lights so people see you from behind at night a lot better. A custom seat. Many people have Sargent seats but really long haul people like Russell Day Long saddles. Since you are retired invest in good riding gear from helmet on down to boots. You usually get what you pay for. $20 gloves are just that... thin leather and cheap stitching. Buying good gear the first time will save you money. Some type of crash bars. I like my Kijima's as they are the only ones that stick out from the bike. Seems all the others hug the bike for serious off roading. I want my legs protected if I go down more than off road obstacle clearance. Are you camping? Steepandcheap.com or close to it for discounted camping gear.
Get your wallet out and sit down in front of the computer and let the farkling begin... and let us know what you get. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I prefer Canyonlands

20160609_093417-XL.jpg

Or Rocky Mountain National Park

20160612_080529-XL.jpg

Last edited:
No problems. I'm the biggest load. The top box was mostly empty. I used it for quick grab stuff, kitchen. Probably won't use it again. Heck, it weighs close to 20 lbs itself. However, I put a mesh bag on top and put wet laundry in the bag until it was dry. I sent my camping gear home on day 5 and just stayed in motels. Duffle carried whatever I'm taking into the motel or tent. the side cases are for riding gear, misc stuff.

I prefer Canyonlands

20160609_093417-XL.jpg

Or Rocky Mountain National Park

20160612_080529-XL.jpg
I think he wants to stay south and do a winter trip. Thise places have snow in the winter... and summer

You have panniers, engine guard, aux lights, aftermarket shield, beads on seat, can't see what all is behind that windshield. How about a close up of that around your bars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The madstad shield has a metal plate that went in place of the original screen. I bolted a ram mount to that. Ran the connections to a Centech box in the bottom of the Frunk. Gives me switched power. The Zumo mount is quick release. I pop it off and put in the Frunk at stops where I'll be away from the bike. I like having the screen higher, don't have to look down so much, but my line of sight is still over the screen.

Someone needs to start a new post/survey to see who has the most stuff in their 'cockpit'. The smart money would bet on Dubb.
>T

Back