• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to mount Hyper White running lights? Or am I better off with another brand?

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to add some HYPER WHITE running lights to the front of each of our bikes.

But how the heck do you mount them? Are these things just mounted with automotive grade 3M double stick tape? If that is all there is to these things would I be better off with a different brand of LED running lights? I want lights to grab the attention of other drivers, not necessarily for lighting the road in front of me. I'm doubly concerned about getting something on the front of my wife's 2016 NC700x as her front headlight is the old style and not the new brighter LEDs that come on the NC750x. But I also want to add a set of lights to my NC750x because MORE IS BETTER when it comes to being noticed.

Link => Whites | Hyperlites, flashing LED motorcycle brake lights

HYPER WHITES have been highly recommended but it seems like there is nothing to them from looking at the photos on their website. They offer kits with switches or just lights with wires.
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 8.05.43 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 8.07.47 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 8.08.46 AM.jpg

I don't want to buy generic Chinese stuff from eBay. I would prefer to buy from an established company. I'm open to any other brand as long as I can get them from a supplier that will stand behind the product (I'm a belt & suspender sort of guy which is why I have HONDAs :) )

Hyperlights sells these FORK brackets shown below. These also look like they just stick on with double-stick tape???

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 8.17.20 AM.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve had the hyperlights brake lites on my 2015 DCT since I bought it new. They stick on a bracket and have not budged through 20,000 miles, many rain showers, car washes, a couple parking lot drops, etc.

I think as long as you carefully clean the mounting surface, and it’s mostly flat to give a good contact area, the adhesive is fine. If you’re mounting on the forks, those brackets may be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had the hyperlights brake lites on my 2015 DCT since I bought it new. They stick on a bracket and have not budged through 20,000 miles, many rain showers, car washes, a couple parking lot drops, etc.

So yours are just stuck on with fancy double sided weatherproof tape?

Is it possible to post a close up photo (or even a few photos) of how/where they are installed?

Pete at ADVMonster Lights is a good resource for LED motorcycle lighting. The LED 20 Light Kit I've installed on three of my bikes and they add extremely bright visibility to the front of the bike. You'll have to fab up some brackets or buy a set of mounts to fit your need. On my NCX I have the Hepco Becker engine guards to mount a set of 20s on. I think I bought the light mounts from Twisted Throttle.

Model 20 Light Kit with harness - ADVmonster

An easy upgrade for the wife's bike is to install a LED light emitter that fits exactly like the stock headlight bulb.

If you can come up with some type of bracket for the (U bent aluminum from big box store maybe) hyperlites, on each side of the front fender are 2 bolts which hold the inner fender support bracket it place. You can use these bolt holes (and possibly the same bolts-I did for the lights I mounted) to mount the bracket and lights.
bike.jpg

I bought these from Amazon, they are really inexpensive and work great. I have had them on the bike for months now, ran them for hours at a time. Yes, they are made in China (what isnt) but they have been in rain, heat, sun, etc and have held up well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SNX6E60/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So yours are just stuck on with fancy double sided weatherproof tape?

Is it possible to post a close up photo (or even a few photos) of how/where they are installed?

Yes, just using the tape that came with the kit. I’ll try to get a photo later today. Mine are the brake lights mounted to the license plate frame, same basic design as the white lights.

The hyperlites themselves weigh nothing. The only issue I see with the set up is if you try to mount them on a curved surface (like a fork tube) you may not get enough “contact patch” for the adhesive to get a good grip.

Her are my hyperlite brake lites - held on by the adhesive tape that came with them

0325bba8f36ebbff75afea387a915a60.jpg
e2ffaed37615c3debb70ca7ea7795ffc.jpg
23fc4b562bc60ae8c17ff1b9d2ad6363.jpg

Back