• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How To Remove Discoloration of Muffler

But the Honda is a better value, IMO the Motus is about $10K over priced.
The ST13 header pipe discolors right at the CAT, just before the cans. Since they were not polished at that location, I would use red scotch brite pad with chrome polish to bring my 04 back to a satin look.
It's been a long time since you polished the ST1300.....the pipes are polished before the cats at least mine are. They are polished stainless from the point they exit the headers.

That depends on your definition of value. With a Motus, you are buying a hand built machine, with premium components. You also get a piece of American motorcycle history. If I had the excess income, I would get one in a heartbeat.

Funny how some try to create color, while others try to remove it........

high_performance_stainless_steel_exhaust_pipe_for_strong_style_color_b82220_motorcycle_strong_st.jpg

287483935_999.jpg

Guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ?

Last edited:

The Motus is only $10K over-priced because of the low production numbers with a custom engine. If they had purchased engines somewhere instead of building what they wanted from scratch, the price would have easily been $10K less. But then, it wouldn't be so special either. If the bikes sells in significant numbers, then the economic benefit of volume can take the price down. I would love to own one, but I am too cheap to do so. Enjoy!

As far as polishing exhausts. I figure with all the folks putting aftermarket cans on theirs, that I will have a good supply of cheap stock quiet mufflers. I do the same thing with my R1150. Stock pipes and cats are about $50 each in good-as-new condition - usually taken off at purchase. When my R1150 came back from Alaska with a horribly cruddy exhaust system, I just exchanged it for a cheap "new" one.

Back