• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

http://www.transamtrail.com/

One of the guys that presented at the Appomattox VA Horizons Unlimited meet did a presentation on this. He and his son rode the TAT several years ago. I know his son broke the frame on his bike in two places somewhere in the western part of the TAT.

His name is Jeff Munn. Not sure if he has a website... didn't find one via a quick search.

The NC7 is too big a bike to ride the TAT on. You would be a lot better off riding a 250cc duel sport bike than a adventure bike. Keep your load as light as possible.

Last edited:
I did the TAT out to Arkansas last summer on a DR650. I met same Carrero and he was in the process of changing the most difficult sections.some sections in Utah had degraded. Most of the trail is doable on a quad. The limiting factor is how much do you want to pick up b/c you will fall.
Lots of TAT threads on ADV forum. Some good you tube bids. One fellow has a video from each day. I'll look for the link.

Everyone that has ridden with me at Hillbilly Hangout has ridden part of the TAT on an NC.......a paved section.....but still.
Mike

Back