• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Humbled and Converted Biker!

Drumslinger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. After many years of riding the big tourers and muscle bikes the time has come to totally rethink my choice of steed! After 4 months of research, checking out YouTube, Forums and test rides I've found the NC750X DCT is absolutely perfect (with a few mods!) This forum has been invaluable in the decision making so thanks to all the contributors. I hope to add to its content and gain a lot of knowledge. The big tourer (R1200RT) went 2 weeks ago and a 2 year old DCT is now in residence with the recent addition of, Heated grips, front fender extender and a rear hugger. (essential for UK/European weather)now fitted. This bike has been a breath of fresh air and re-vitalised by riding experience. Already won over a few riders by telling them its just like having a "quickshifter"!!!

Welcome! What mods did you or will you make? I always tell people I really want a 450 pound RT or Goldwing. How do we get the NC close?
Start with a MadStad or similar large cruising windshield, swap the stock seat for a Russell Day Long, a Laam Seat or a Corbin. Add some storage space (hard or soft luggage) and some aux lights so you catch the attention of other motorists and you’ve got a good start on a lightweight, nimble, efficient long distance cruiser.

You can add some hand/brush guards for more wind protection. Possibly a chain oiler. If you are inclined maybe a crash bar to protect your bike if you drop it.

Even with all that added stuff the bikes weight is well under 600#

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm torn between a big, beefy MadStad (probably 18" for my 5'9" height) with the awesome wings, or saving $160 with the Puig touring - that's a big price difference, but I appreciate the push toward the MadStad as I really like longer days in the saddle. I also LOVE RDL saddles (except for the price), so that might be a nice Christmas present to myself. Thanks for the input!

Thanks. I'm torn between a big, beefy MadStad (probably 18" for my 5'9" height) with the awesome wings, or saving $160 with the Puig touring - that's a big price difference, but I appreciate the push toward the MadStad as I really like longer days in the saddle. I also LOVE RDL saddles (except for the price), so that might be a nice Christmas present to myself. Thanks for the input!
Funny thing about the Puig is that people tend to complain about them, many then add additional deflectors to the top of them to try to make them work. In a couple facebook groups people have also cut holes in them and other fun modifications. Maybe you save money buying it but it might cost you money in the long term? Buy once, cry once.

Back