• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I am RAINMAN

OldJeff

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been playing the odds for several weeks now with Arkansas evening rainstorms. My luck ran out today :D This was not just rain, this was a gully washing monsoon with 6 inch deep puddles in some places. The NCX handled it just fine, not one shimmy, just straight and true the whole way. I like this bike!

I got my bike washed today! It's kind of funny that the only bikes at work with all this rain is my buddy's 86 Goldwing and my NCX. The cruisers wont be back until the rains stop.

I got my bike washed today! It's kind of funny that the only bikes at work with all this rain is my buddy's 86 Goldwing and my NCX. The cruisers wont be back until the rains stop.

Funny you mention this. Fuzzy, Kameron (guy on an F800GS) and I were heading out to the Dragon and pulled in to a closed up business with an awning over the front porch. It started to rain really hard and there we were under the awning, donning our respective rain gear and waiting for the intensity to slow a bit, when a bunch of Harley guys thundered by. I had to chuckle to myself.

Water is so nice in your tub or at the lake, it cleans you and holds you s sweetly. but at 60 mph it feels like icepicks driven into your flesh.

Funny you mention this. Fuzzy, Kameron (guy on an F800GS) and I were heading out to the Dragon and pulled in to a closed up business with an awning over the front porch. It started to rain really hard and there we were under the awning, donning our respective rain gear and waiting for the intensity to slow a bit, when a bunch of Harley guys thundered by. I had to chuckle to myself.

If you could only meet some of the Harley guy's where I work. Great guys!! They just don't like spending 3.5 hours polishing their bikes after a rain.

I can't believe it. Here we are in Oregon hoping for some rain to help with the fires, and people in other places are having to ride around in it! Some crazy weather patterns out there.

Adventure.jpg

The compliment to that is: There is no bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.

If you're RainMan - I'm HailMan - the welts from Sunday's ride are slowly dissappearing.

I don't think I've ever had a bike that attracted rain drops as much as the NC, but riding in the Florida August heat rain usually feels pretty good. The full blown thunderstorm downpour is always going to suck, but a normal rain cools everything down nicely. The ideal ride in the rain is a nice soft rainstorm that gets you wet and then stops at just the right time to let you dry out about the time you get home. :)

Bob

I was late leaving work and lucked out that the rain slacked off around Conway for my ride home.

I wasn't so lucky. I work in North Little Rock and there was a huge cloud between me and Cabot. Had no choice but to ride the storm. No worries thought. My Olympia AST Jacket did the trick. Feet got wet.

I wasn't so lucky. I work in North Little Rock and there was a huge cloud between me and Cabot. Had no choice but to ride the storm. No worries thought. My Olympia AST Jacket did the trick. Feet got wet.

Hi Chuck, I grew up in Cabot, good to see another NCX rider close by. We should get a ride together sometime, maybe ever invite that Bama fella :D

The compliment to that is: There is no bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.

If you're RainMan - I'm HailMan - the welts from Sunday's ride are slowly dissappearing.

I know how that feels jelo. Now I keep the OH CRAP gear in my side case at all times. At least the hail doesn't dent the NC.

I know how that feels jelo. Now I keep the OH CRAP gear in my side case at all times. At least the hail doesn't dent the NC.

Been through several now, that was the first one that hurt.
Wasn't riding in it but we had another hailstorm a few weeks back - damaged every car/truck in the parking lot and even broke out some windows - but no damage to the NC.
Was the only person at work here not making an insurance claim.

I've been caging it due to the rain here in the Ozarks. I don't mind riding home in the rain but going in to work is a different story. Plus I have a dirt road to navigate and I hat getting mud all over the bike. Between the exceptionally cold and wet spring and the rain and flooding we've had over the last few weeks my riding is down by over half this year.

Back