• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I bought a new motorcycle

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a new bike the other day. Spur of the moment, and a real bargain. It's a '96 V45/VF750 Magna. Bright yellow, needs a little Mechanical TLC, but beautiful condition and very low miles. I suppose it'll either be a fix-and-flip, or if my wife and like it enough, perhaps it'll stay around.

Although I never owned a V45 Magna, I did own the V65. I used to love that bike. Those things were really popular "back in the day". How many times have you told yourself "I never should have sold that"? This could be one of those times.

The Magna is a beautiful machine.

Last year there was a yellow V45 for sale about an hour away.

Could not think of how to express to my wife I NEED it and not just want it.

Was not there too long and it sold.

Enjoy the ride!

God bless!!

Michael

I, too, really like those. Back about 5 or so years ago as I was getting ready to re-enter motorcycling after a 20 year layoff (due to raising kids), I made an offer on a yellow V45 Magna but didn't get it. Recently we borrowed one from a local friend to ride while we had guests in town and it was extremely comfortable. I thought the V4 would be smoother than it was, but I still enjoyed riding it.

For those of you who still lust after one, there has been a yellow V65 for sale about a mile up the road from me for about 6 months now. I'm betting you could get it for a steal. I had some pics of it but can't locate them now. If you're interested, reply here and I'll shoot a few more pics and get the phone #. I looked it over and it's in GREAT shape, but I know the guy is anxious to sell and it's been sitting out there for awhile now.

I need to go through the carbs. Even though the owner put Sta-bil in the fuel before parking it, it's been sitting for 5-ish years. It may need a battery, and it needs fork seals and a front valve stem. However, it has under 5,400 miles on it, and I think it's quite beautiful (for a cruiser :p ).

I'll get it fixed up and running over the coming weeks or months. Perhaps months because it was 110 AGAIN today, the only spaces I have to work with are un-climate-controlled, and I don't appreciate being that hot during my 'leisure' time working on a hobby. So, I'll work on it early weekend mornings when it's only 90-ish out. ;)

Back