• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I broke my key for Givi side case (E-21)...

One side case I as able to open, and replacing the lock should be, as you said, pretty straightforward. Although, the second side case is locked closed and I have to drill it - and hope I'm not going to ruin the case :D I watched some videos and the guy doesn't know what is he doing or I didn't get it. He kind of massacred the lock! :D
Did you try driving out the hingepins as suggested?
Drilling out the locks is nothing to be worried about though. Slow and steady (especially getting started), and make sure that the case is well braced and can't move on you once you have started.

Drilling out the locks is nothing to be worried about though. Slow and steady (especially getting started), and make sure that the case is well braced and can't move on you once you have started.

Am I supposed to drill straight through the keyhole or above and/or below the keyhole?

Am I supposed to drill straight through the keyhole or above and/or below the keyhole?
The lids on those cases are so flimsy, be careful not to destroty the lid if you have a large diameter bit spinning and it grabs hard. I’d try removing the hinge pins first.

What is the number stamped on the lock? One of us here might very well have a key that matches it. I have at least 5 different Givi keys.

I'm not a pro, but I certainly have drilled out tool boxes and doors. I would go right for the middle of the lock in an effort to not accidentally mar any of the surrounding surfaces. As 670cc stated, be careful as once the bit grabs, you don't want it to wander.
Depending on your comfort level, take it slow using multiple bits starting from small and gradually stepping up to larger bits until you've taken out enough to the core that the lock releases.
Also building on 670 statement, I have 3different Givi keys, and I would be willing to help match a lock if you are nervous about drilling.
Lastly, drilling the lock doesn't have to be a science in my book. I'm sure there's more than one way to skin this cat. I think most importantly, starting with smaller bits and gradually stepping up as well as a well braced piece and starting in the middle of the lock in case the bit wanders so as not to damage the surrounding case.
Any time you're working with a tool that has the potential to drill through steel, there is also the potential to make a mistake. Be careful and take your time

Back