• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I found a thing

Eventvwr

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my NC700X second hand and decided to take a look in the toolbag, just checking it had tools in it really. I'm in no way a mechanic but I can recognise a screwdriver, spanner, etc. The first thing I pulled out, well, I have no idea what it is. Picture attached / linked. If anyone can give me a name then I can google what it is for. I already googled "honda thing two wire loops" but got no useful results

Cheers
EIMG_0609.jpg

Under the pillion seat on the left side of the hinge is a U shaped hook. The U is lying on it's side. I'm using a pen in this picture to point to it. The helmet strap threads through the D rings and hooks here. Closing the seat locks the helmet in place.

The cloth beside it is wrapped around a 12 volt air compressor for roadside tire repairs.

You should be able to download an owner's manual free of charge, if you didn't get one in the sale. I believe this feature is described within it.

And, of course, if you're helmet doesn't have D-rings on the strap (i.e., uses a microlock fastening mechanism or other), the helmet strap is of no use. :cool:

Based on this forum, it seems most folks are using a top box or the frunk to hold their helmets.

I just got an idea that this helmet lock is a perfect tool to install the center stand!!! I mean when it comes to the fat spring installation... it is thin enough to to come off from under the spring, when it is installed and strong enough to pull it with the ratchet tie down.

I installed the center stand 3 times already and find the ratchet method the easiest one.

It is a helmet strap and the original owner of my bike must have kept it. I use a length of porch swing chain. Double it over the u-hook beneath the passenger seat. Use a short length for helmet and if want to secure jacket I run it through D rings on helmet and through one sleeve of the jacket. All is secure for honest people.

Under the pillion seat on the left side of the hinge is a U shaped hook. The U is lying on it's side. I'm using a pen in this picture to point to it. The helmet strap threads through the D rings and hooks here. Closing the seat locks the helmet in place.

Thanks Dave, and everyone else. I had noticed the absence of an external hemet lock, and the hook under the pillion seat. I did not connect these two things with the thing I found though. I'm not sure if I will use it, but at least I have the option now.

Now to find an owners manual

Cheers
E

I can officially confirm that you can use this helmet strap to install your center stand. Mission accomplished yesterday, no damage made to the strap, holds good against the ratchet and it was easy to remove from under the spring after installation.

The last time I used something like this to lock my helmet to the bike all I found upon return was the D-rings and a short piece of strap.:mad:

It isn't a strap. It's plastic coated steel cable. I use it frequently and while it might not stop a pair of large bolt cutters, it is as secure as any other method I've seen for securing a helmet.

It isn't a strap. It's plastic coated steel cable. I use it frequently and while it might not stop a pair of large bolt cutters, it is as secure as any other method I've seen for securing a helmet.

Yes I agree, and with a bit of experimenting it's perfectly possible to use it with a microclosure buckle. I just wish that when locked to the bike I could make the helmet hang the right way up so it didn't fill with rain.
Mike

Back