• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I had a letter answered

Therapy

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently wrote a letter to the editor of MCN complaining about the lack of points to attach Bungee cords on the newer bikes. Besides the "luggage rack" and "strapping systems that mount under the pillion seat" (what are those?) the posted answer included "replacing exterior hex-head bolts with eye bolts. Ugly,but functional."
I don't see anything under the back of the passenger seat but a weak fender/light combo and air?

So I guess it goes to a rack......that messes with the fuel filler area.

Ahh styling.

Last edited:
That's about the last place I would look to for advice, that's what forums are for. All racks do not mess with fuel fill area. The oem rack, and other brands extend off the rear allowing the pillion seat to remain free. You can mount top boxes to rear racks also, avoiding the need to bungie cord stuff down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I saw that letter. I wondered if it was you!

The OEM passenger grab rails have a hollowed out slot on the underside of them. Thin metal hook bungee cords hook under it just fine or use Rok Straps with their soft loops around the rails.

But a well-mounted bag sitting securely on the passenger seat might hold more weight than any rear case on a luggage rack, unless someone has a new invention.

My experience with travel with a rack mounted rear case is that food stuffs are "blended". Eggs? forget it. Beer? Ha. wait till cooled - ~1hr. Bread? How did that end up under the canned beans? How do you spell folded, spindled or mutilated?
Etc.

The OEM passenger grab rails have a hollowed out slot on the underside of them. Thin metal hook bungee cords hook under it just fine or use Rok Straps with their soft loops around the rails.

Dave, I used that but it does not work for the rear most bungee. I drilled the grab handle for those two.

In 1980 something I stopped and got a flat of strawberries in Bradenton and by the time I got the little lady I was going to further impress with my strawberry preparation prowess home to Tampa, I had half filled baskets of strawberry mush. And a sweet smelling ride as the muffler cooked some berry juice. She wasn't impressed and never called me.:(

Back