• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help I have a dream…of a Givi backrest that clicks into the base plate.

http404

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Givi top boxes on a couple of bikes. One is the smaller single helmet size and the NC has the double. They’re great! But sometimes we just want to ride the bike without the luggage. This leaves us without the top box passenger backrest. It seems to me that there would be a huge market for Givi to offer a passenger backrest that clicks into their base plates. This would be awesome, on the level of smallpox vaccination and the electric light bulb. The beauty for Givi is that they don’t have to offer bike-specific parts, just Givi baseplate-specific parts. I don’t know why they don’t do this. They should do this. It is my dream.

You could make one. Just bust out a CAD drawing and upload it to sendcutsend.com. It's a service that will take the cad drawing and cut it out of whatever material you want. Do it out of thick enough steel and bend it into shape yourself.

I made some plates that attach to the Givi side box attachment points that way, so I can clip gas cans to them instead of the hard bags.

You could make one. Just bust out a CAD drawing and upload it to sendcutsend.com. It's a service that will take the cad drawing and cut it out of whatever material you want. Do it out of thick enough steel and bend it into shape yourself.

I made some plates that attach to the Givi side box attachment points that way, so I can clip gas cans to them instead of the hard bags.
Thanks for the excellent suggestion, LearnedButt, but unlike you I'm a DumbAss and although I'm very electronic literate I have no clue how I'd call date a CAD file such as you suggest. But it sounds like a great idea. So does the gas can idea.

Back