• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I love my NC but OH My I think I must have one of these!

SleepyC

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to start squirreling away some funds to hopefully purchase one of these bad boys if they are released next year. Oh man does this hit my "have to have" button.

Also perfrct companion to the NC. Keep the NC for onroad trips, commuting and daily riding and use the ATEC for some gnarley trail rides, longer offroad excursions...

Such a think of beautiful.
Africa Twin Enduro Concept

Honda-Africa-Twin-Enduro-Sports-Review.jpg

oh yeah, the world reaaally needs kilobikes in enduro form. so guys can ridee gravel roads.

Other than for looks, I'm not sure what the purpose of this bike would be. It's just too large for "enduro" use. Unless you're a very large athletic person, wrestling a 1000cc bike on "gnarley" trails would not be fun nor safe. If it was a baby AT with about 400cc at about 325 pounds, now that would be useful.

Last edited:
Yeah, marketing to AVD and dualsport and dirt riders while there are very few super riders who can actually do something with this, seems silly. Nonsensical especially when realistic/practical approaches based on lighter mid-displacement platforms are remarkably absent in the marketplace... I suppose sales would nonetheless be forthcoming ; }

But more power, more suspension... merika!

But seriously, for a lot of the longer multi-state trails that are mostly dirt roads linked with highways and even a minimal amount of single track, why would this be bad? I think it wohld be awesome.

Or maybe that yamaha concept, the 700cc super tenere styled bike...

Yeah, look at that seat. And imagine the subframe for potential luggage-carrying capabilities.

What with making emissions requirements in various theaters, I'm guessing the larger manufacturers are just throwing variations built around existing compliant platforms standards against the wall and hoping that people will scrape some of it up in their consumer need to constantly "upgrade".

But seriously, for a lot of the longer multi-state trails that are mostly dirt roads linked with highways and even a minimal amount of single track, why would this be bad? I think it wohld be awesome.

Sorry. When earlier you said "gnarley trail rides", I'd pictured something more like this, but on a motorcycle. More suspension, yes, but more power and weight, definitely not. If dirt roads and a little single track is all you've got, even the NC700 can do that just fine.

For "longer multi-state trails", you will need some luggage space. I don't see that on the enduro concept bike pictured in post #1.

IMG_0152.jpg

Last edited:
Evidently the average modern would-be off-pavement rider thinks team lifting is the main component of "adventure" ; }

I'd prefer the NC with a 1,000cc motor but it not being a option, the AT designed to be more pavement friendly would be great.

I'd prefer the NC with a 1,000cc motor but it not being a option, the AT designed to be more pavement friendly would be great.

The real deal would be an NC with standard motor and really good suspension......

I'm going to start squirreling away some funds to hopefully purchase one of these bad boys if they are released next year. Oh man does this hit my "have to have" button.

Also perfrct companion to the NC. Keep the NC for onroad trips, commuting and daily riding and use the ATEC for some gnarley trail rides, longer offroad excursions...

Such a think of beautiful.
Africa Twin Enduro Concept

View attachment 34586

Better option.........Crf250L with a 350 motor.;)

T7??

The T7 takes the same CP2 engine that sits in Yamaha FZ-07 (and XSR700 in Europe and Australasia), and turns it into a dirt-ready weapon – and a nod to the first XT600Z Tenere, launched 33 years ago at the Paris Motor Show

2017_YAM_T7-CONCEPTTT_EU_DPBMC_STA_004_03_gal_worlds_full_tcm114-676050.jpg

^^^ And makes it look like a decade old KTM adventure bike? Hah.

Cool idea though!

Back