• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I really don't enjoy cleaning the bike

ld_rider

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know some of you enjoy the bonding that comes with cleaning your motorcycle and getting it all squared away and looking good. I hate it. Wheeled it out of the garage today and took a long look at mine and what a mess it is. I don't think I've washed and detailed it in at least two years. Been at it for a couple of hours now and it looks barely OK. From about 30 feet away ;-)

I've pulled the muffler, some panels, the chain guard, panniers and topcase, crud is everywhere......

I know in short order it will be back to looking like the 60,000 mile motorcycle it is. Seems like a waste of time. I can put a coat of wax on my Tacoma at it looks great for months and thousands of miles...the NC? Not so much.

Nobody around to complain to so I'm venting here ;-)

Oh well, finished my lunch break and heading back out to the driveway with a toothbrush and degreaser...

I'm afraid cleaning my bikes does not in any way help me bond with them. In short I am like Yourself and hate cleaning motorcycles. What is made worse is that I also favour the muckiest of roads so I have little choice but to wash them occasionally if I am to maintain them in good condition. It doesn't help that modern motorcycles have little around their wheels that could pose as a fender. In the case of my X-Adv there is nothing at all on the rear and a poor excuse on the front. As such that bike is probably the most dirt prone bike I have ever owned. Thankfully it is not too difficult to clean though.

Reactions: MZ5
I considered the NC700X a difficult bike to clean. There are many nooks and crannies for dirt to collect and for water spots to form after cleaning and attempting to dry. I ride in all weather so the bikes gets dirty, sometimes really dirty like after rain or on muddy roads. Nevertheless I like washing my motorcycles on a regular basis. Getting close on a regular basis basis let's me see how things are wearing, attached, or leaking.

Fully faired bikes are the easiest to keep clean. A can of spray polish and a few clean towels is all it takes most cleanings.

3xabyf.jpg

I KNEW I'M AMONG THE FINEST GROUP OF PEOPLE HERE!!! :D
Same here. Except the chain, cleaning it once in a blue moon.
And, when I'm riding with friends (3-5 BMW, 1 Honda, all mostly nice and clean), and when we make a stop, I would pull out a piece a paper "I'm dirty because I'm really ridden... comparing with the clean bikes around me!"
:D

I KNEW I'M AMONG THE FINEST GROUP OF PEOPLE HERE!!! :D
Same here. Except the chain, cleaning it once in a blue moon.
And, when I'm riding with friends (3-5 BMW, 1 Honda, all mostly nice and clean), and when we make a stop, I would pull out a piece a paper "I'm dirty because I'm really ridden... comparing with the clean bikes around me!"
:D
I ride more than most and like a clean bike., maybe more so because like you my bikes have more miles than most and they don't show it.

What I hate cleaning are the wheels There are to many nooks & crannies, although the NC's wheels aren't as bad as my Burgman 650's were They were darn near impossible to get clean. I really liked the wheels on my Moto Guzzi Breve 750 they were super easy to keep clean. If that car hadn't pulled out in front of me back in '09 I'd probably still have that bike.

Attachments

• 04 Moto Guzzi V750.jpg
    04 Moto Guzzi V750.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 5
Back