• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

If there was 1 thing you could change or tell Honda about the NC what would it be?

The seat could be a bit more plush and about 1.5" taller for my liking. but that can be taken care of with a new seat.
I agree on the turn signals.. I got so mad when trying to put mine on that I just brought it to a shop and paid $250 to have my $40 worth of LED signals put on. I wouldn't have bothered if some asshat didn't tear my stock ones off for me.
One thing I would change for sure out of the factory is a louder exhaust! Not Harley loud, but not so quiet that I can hear the click of an upshift at 60mph!

The seat could be a bit more plush and about 1.5" taller for my liking. but that can be taken care of with a new seat.
I agree on the turn signals.. I got so mad when trying to put mine on that I just brought it to a shop and paid $250 to have my $40 worth of LED signals put on. I wouldn't have bothered if some asshat didn't tear my stock ones off for me.
One thing I would change for sure out of the factory is a louder exhaust! Not Harley loud, but not so quiet that I can hear the click of an upshift at 60mph!

all of that are thing that can be done aftermarket.

actually many enjoy a quieter bike, in Europe for example, bike are riding and really close proximity of home and there are many riders. noise disturbance are not so great in those situation

all of that are thing that can be done aftermarket.

actually many enjoy a quieter bike, in Europe for example, bike are riding and really close proximity of home and there are many riders. noise disturbance are not so great in those situation

I'm not trying to say the cliché "loud pipes save lives" BS, just saying Id like it a little louder out of the factory. I know that I can solve these issues with after market purchases. Hell, 99% of the previous comments could be changed with after market purchases. That isn't the point to the thread, or at least that's how I read the original post. my comments were about how I feel Honda could improve on this bike FROM THE FACTORY.

I'm not trying to say the cliché "loud pipes save lives" BS, just saying Id like it a little louder out of the factory. I know that I can solve these issues with after market purchases. Hell, 99% of the previous comments could be changed with after market purchases. That isn't the point to the thread, or at least that's how I read the original post. my comments were about how I feel Honda could improve on this bike FROM THE FACTORY.

Honda themselves agree with you; as just about every new iteration of the NCX has had "improved better sounding exhaust" R&D put in to it, and sales information devotes space to telling prospective buyers the fact.

Some people want a motorcycle to use as an appliance, and have no more wish to be thrilled with an awesome internal combustion symphony than they do their toaster. Others, like me, search for that perfect blend of pleasurable aural tone but not obnoxiously loud to the point of disturbing the toaster lovers.

don't know why some of you guys wishing to have better brakes, I find mine just right and I always ride two up.
I can understand some of you wishing a bigger tank with having much longer rides than us,that I'm happy with mine.
as for seat that I do agree had mine re-upholstered.
shaft drive?I don't find the need for one.chain is fine with auto lube and never had to adjust mine in 6,000 miles,yes I only use mine for pleasure.
my only grip is that it feels as though it changes gears a little to early in 'D' mode.
I've mention it a few times that I would like a bit of colour.
as for style I do like the 'S' model but it is abit to low for me(handlebars) with having a fairly heavy flip up helmet.
simple you might say just add riser's but I think I'll need a little more than that so this would mean replacing cables etc.
I'm not all that keen on the 'X' but I'm not looking at it while riding so its not so bad;)

Last edited:
Some people want a motorcycle to use as an appliance, and have no more wish to be thrilled with an awesome internal combustion symphony than they do their toaster. Others, like me, search for that perfect blend of pleasurable aural tone but not obnoxiously loud to the point of disturbing the toaster lovers.

And that is what I want. Something a bit more substantial sounding than the stock exhaust in my 2012. I like to be able to hear the bike as well as feel for possible issues/problems.

Last edited:
I would like to see a lower 1st gear. At idle rpm's, I'm going at 7 miles per hour, that's fine for the street, but a little too fast for sneaking around some off road trails.

So, a revised NC700X is now on the way. Looking back through this thread, it appears Honda addressed only one wish, and that was more DCT shift patterns for S mode. We had many wishes for shaft drive and a larger fuel tank, but those wishes were denied.

What we did get, we didn't ask for, and that was "tougher-looking plastic". *sigh*

What we did get, we didn't ask for, and that was "tougher-looking plastic". *sigh*

all the more reason to keep what you've got.

all the more reason to keep what you've got.

Agreed. I actually prefer the lower toughness look of the "classic" NC700X.

I would eliminate the "x" bike and just make the standard model. First when you mount a windshield on the plastic fairing, it is unsafe. Second, this bike was not meant to be worked on by a novice, especially the plastic panels. Who in the heck wants to document every bolt, and fasteners and what plastic goes where? I have spent more time figuring this bike out, then I have riding it. They want you to take it to the dealer every time some little thing needs attention. This is the last Honda I will purchase. Too ill engineered, and maintenance intensive.

I would eliminate the "x" bike and just make the standard model. First when you mount a windshield on the plastic fairing, it is unsafe. Second, this bike was not meant to be worked on by a novice, especially the plastic panels. Who in the heck wants to document every bolt, and fasteners and what plastic goes where? I have spent more time figuring this bike out, then I have riding it. They want you to take it to the dealer every time some little thing needs attention. This is the last Honda I will purchase. Too ill engineered, and maintenance intensive.

isn't any bike these days. they should go back to simplistic .
gone are the days of self maintenance for the average man.
oil/filter change etc is about as much as you can do these days.
I'm not a mechanic so I leave the engine area alone.

If you want a bike that is both aerodynamic and has aesthetics, well then you are going to have to put bodywork on it. There were a few bikes back in the 1980's, my buddy when were teens had a 1983 Yamaha XJ650T Seca Turbo.

Yamaha%20XJ650%20Turbo%20%202.jpg

This was the first bike I ever saw that had all that bodywork that was not a touring bike of the time. In the past 25 years or so, bikes started to look just like this and have just as much or more bodywork.

There's no way around it. These young designers and engineers favor stuff that hides the engine and looks futuristic.

I guess that you can say that this bike and the other turbo models with their futuristic looks at the time paved the way to what is known as the modern motorcycle.

Last edited:
I had a Honda CX500T and sold it about a two years ago, beautiful bike imho. But I'm a big fan of the NC700x.

Yes, I have to agree with this being a beautiful bike. The CX650T was also gorgeous. I would've minded owning either of them back in the day.

Now it would not be practical, as both these were "One-Year" models and parts are nearly impossible to find for them. The fuel injection on these bikes are "Analog" and there was a special Honda Tool that is required to work on that system. Those systems were very expensive and rare then, just image what it would be like now... :confused:

This would be the only one that I could afford now...

CX500TModel.jpg

My list

1. Like other.. more gas. How about: make the trunk optional as storage OR reserve gas tank, perhaps via insertable module.
2. Side loading fuel door
3. Display that shows exact amount of gas remaining
4. High RPM ceiling - say, 7500.
5. 750cc standardized. Why 750 in Europe, and 670 in US?
6. OEM screen that one can adjust on the fly (motorized a la Suzuki)
7. Just make the DC socket, heated grips, etc standardized. Or come out with a deluxe edition NC that comes with all those, panniers, etc.
8. OEM GPS would be nice as option.
9. How about frunk lid hinged in the middle, or a mini door included so that one can reach in while on the saddle. ($ for toll, etc)
10. Lastly... Handlebar about an inch higher and footpeg and inch or two forward bit more upright stance. I love my NC but I also have a Versys and like it's sitting posture better.

Oh .. and please bring the NC Integra to the US.

Last edited:
A
Yes, I have to agree with this being a beautiful bike. The CX650T was also gorgeous. I would've minded owning either of them back in the day.

Now it would not be practical, as both these were "One-Year" models and parts are nearly impossible to find for them. The fuel injection on these bikes are "Analog" and there was a special Honda Tool that is required to work on that system. Those systems were very expensive and rare then, just image what it would be like now... :confused:

This would be the only one that I could afford now...

.......I have two CX500 Turbo. They really do NOT need or require any special equipment or systems to work on the fuel injection or any other part of the bike.

The dealer Turbo special tool kit was a fuel pressure gauge and digital Volt ohm meter which is crude by today's standard. The kit did have a fancy vacume and pressure pumps that are what we now call a hand vacume pump that sells for less that $20.
The 1982 CX500 FI system was a test vehicle for what turned out to the first Honda in car FI system in 1985/86 and many of the parts were similar.

The NC system is not all that much difference to the original CX system. The NC now has an O2 which the CX system had no O2 feedback and no CAT. Both use a MAP and THROTTLE POSITION to get the basic engine fuel mapping.

Some parts are getting in very short supply or just plain not available new. I made and sold front turn signals lens for the turbo to fill the need. Normal wear parts like brake pads, master cylinder, caliper parts clutch, fork seals etc parts are still available from Honda. Body parts and some engine parts are all gone.

Honda "special tool" that is not that special today.
image.jpg

http://cx500forum.com/forum/attachm...3841d1376701430-diagnostic-tool-kit-kit03.jpg

http://cx500forum.com/forum/attachm...gnostic-tool-kit-tool-display-panel-17-05.jpg

Last edited:
Skid plate and radiator cover! I know, I know, the NC isn't REALLY made for off-road fun, but it'd be nice to have the extra protection.

Close second is turn-off-able ABS standard. Yeah, I do just fine without ABS, but it doesn't keep me from thinking it'd be nice to have just in case.

Beyond that, improved (adjustable) suspension, bigger front wheel, more gas, cruise control, flipped horn/turn signals, gentler rev limiter, oil level window,

Back