• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

If/when the NT1100 comes state side

I removed the stock grips and replaced them with Pro Grip 714's which are a bit thicker than stock. The Go Cruise rubber band seems to do just fine once rolling over the bar end weight.

Has their been any confirmation the NT1100 is coming to the US? I will certainly jump ship as long as the price is around $12k to $13k.... Some of the Africa Twins are $17k, that would be too high for me.

No word yet on the NT coming to the states, but if it does I would think it would be more in the $15k range being a fully equipped sport tourer. An NC 750 with factory bags would fetch close to $12K

Has their been any confirmation the NT1100 is coming to the US? I will certainly jump ship as long as the price is around $12k to $13k.... Some of the Africa Twins are $17k, that would be too high for me.
Going strictly by MSRP (not factoring delivery charge), if you take the price proportioning of the UK manual NC750X and manual NT1100 and apply that to the USA price of the NC750x, you might expect the USA basic NT1100 to sell for roughly $14,000, perhaps $1000 more for DCT. Of course the actual NT1100 USA price would be based on the competition and what the US market is willing to pay, should the NT ever be imported. If demand is high, the $15K the Ferret suggested seems plausible.

Going strictly by MSRP (not factoring delivery charge), if you take the price proportioning of the UK manual NC750X and manual NT1100 and apply that to the USA price of the NC750x, you might expect the USA basic NT1100 to sell for roughly $14,000, perhaps $1000 more for DCT. Of course the actual NT1100 USA price would be based on the competition and what the US market is willing to pay, should the NT ever be imported. If demand is high, the $15K the Ferret suggested seems plausible.
14k seems reasonable. I guess everything is more expensive now. But there are certainly other choices at that price point....

They didn't learn from the "Dullville" apparently. That thing does nothing for me. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Edit: ah, I take it back...it's not nearly as bland looking. But they'll overprice it in this world of $30k Goldwings. Then we'll hear that the US market doesn't like sport tour bikes.

Last edited:
They didn't learn from the "Dullville" apparently. That thing does nothing for me. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Edit: ah, I take it back...it's not nearly as bland looking. But they'll overprice it in this world of $30k Goldwings. Then we'll hear that the US market doesn't like sport tour bikes.
It is in the eye of the beholder, and it is so funny. I lust over that bike. One man's X is another's Y I guess. I say this now, but if that thing comes in sub 20K, I'm in.

It is in the eye of the beholder, and it is so funny. I lust over that bike. One man's X is another's Y I guess. I say this now, but if that thing comes in sub 20K, I'm in.
Another “eye of the beholder” topic is pricing. It seems common for people to scoff at electric motorcycles priced in the $10K-$20K range as being grossly overpriced or “out of my price range” and here we talk about sub $20K as totally acceptable. As we say, eye of the beholder, or put another way, perceived value.

For me, the only way the NT1100 could be worth $15K to me would be if it had shaft drive.

If I scoff at pricing, it's any HD or Indian priced north of $30k.
Their technology compared to that of a Goldwing doesn't come anywhere close.
And don't even get me started on a CVO HD.

Another “eye of the beholder” topic is pricing. It seems common for people to scoff at electric motorcycles priced in the $10K-$20K range as being grossly overpriced or “out of my price range” and here we talk about sub $20K as totally acceptable. As we say, eye of the beholder, or put another way, perceived value.
For me it IS perceived value, with the difference being that with the NT 1100, I could take off and ride as far as I care to go, clear across the country if desired (which I have done Ohio to the Pacific Ocean and back) without fear of my engine running out of easily replaceable go juice. A bike that only runs 100 miles and then needs an overnight charge has little value to me. If priced similarly, I would go for the one I could ride the most/furthest which would be the NT. (or in my current case the NC since I could have bought a used Zero instead). If I had Leno money I'd have both lol.

For me it IS perceived value, with the difference being that with the NT 1100, I could take off and ride as far as I care to go, clear across the country if desired (which I have done Ohio to the Pacific Ocean and back) without fear of my engine running out of easily replaceable go juice. A bike that only runs 100 miles and then needs an overnight charge has little value to me. If priced similarly, I would go for the one I could ride the most/furthest which would be the NT. (or in my current case the NC since I could have bought a used Zero instead). If I had Leno money I'd have both lol.
Again, perceived value.

One could also buy a used ‘12-‘15 NC700X and add luggage and touring windscreen, and ride the country for under $5K, and have fun with the final drive chain just like with the NT1100. :)

Last edited:
You might turn blue holding your breath on this one. I have called Honda dealers and received nothing but telephonic blank stares in response. I would be first in line to order one but that opportunity may never come. I guess I should do the 16,000 mile service, install a new chain, check valve clearances, buy new tires and the very next day the NT 1100 will show up here.

Hard to know how well it's selling in Europe. You hear stories that it's a best seller but my local dealer have had their manual demonstrator up for sale for months with no takers. Supply chain issues still a constraint too.

Hard to know how well it's selling in Europe. You hear stories that it's a best seller but my local dealer have had their manual demonstrator up for sale for months with no takers. Supply chain issues still a constraint too.
Is it county dependent? Europe being a diverse place perhaps what sells well in France may not sell well in Poland for example.

You can always just do what Ewan and Charley did ... have a couple pickups follow you with extra batteries and charging capability.;)

From initial numbers I saw, pricing would be similar to the AT. Compared to a NC, you'd get a bigger engine, more tech, better touring set up. $ I think 12-13,000 would be a pipe dream. I'd like to upgrade to one, but can't bring myself to separate from my NC DCT due to frugality. Got it for only $3,500 with 1,600 miles on it. Still under 10,000 miles currently.

Again, perceived value.

One could also buy a used ‘12-‘15 NC700X and add luggage and touring windscreen, and ride the country for under $5K, and have fun with the final drive chain just like with the NT1100. :)
I'm lucky I had a generous coworker. Sold me his 2016 with 1,600 miles for only $3,500 a few years ago! Not a bad first bike.

Back