• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

If/when the NT1100 comes state side

... But that said, I think that most buyers will buy this bike for what it actually is, not for what Honda promotes it to be ...
Your statement applies to far more than motorcycles.

I just ordered a Honda Ridgeline pickup truck. Well is it actually a truck? Honda says it is. I've owned body-on-frame trucks and the Ridgeline is none of that. Drive a Frontier or a Ranger, then do the same in a Ridgeline and the difference is very apparent. Honda even has an off-road package for the Ridgeline. Fender flares and cool looking decals for appearance, a skid plate for practicality.

Why did I switch from a truck to whatever the Ridgeline is . . . simple, I bought it for what it actual is.

I just ordered a Honda Ridgeline pickup truck. Well is it actually a truck? Honda says it is. I've owned body-on-frame trucks and the Ridgeline is none of that. Drive a Frontier or a Ranger, then do the same in a Ridgeline and the difference is very apparent. Honda even has an off-road package for the Ridgeline. Fender flares and cool looking decals for appearance, a skid plate for practicality.

Why did I switch from a truck to whatever the Ridgeline is . . . simple, I bought it for what it actual is.

Agreed. The actual utility/drivability it presents to you, design, features, performance, comfort, price point, etc. are the drivers. Funny you bring up the Ridgeline. I am considering the 2022 Tundra but it might be too large. The Ridgeline has really caught my eye. My buddy has put on 100K in a couple of years with zero issues; that is not an exaggeration. Congrats to you on the new truck.

Regarding the Ridgeline, owners of other brands of trucks often poo-poo the Ridgeline because ”it’s not a real truck”. They’re right, and it is the reason I bought a Ridgeline. I had no use for and didn’t want a “real truck”.

Also a Ridgeline owner. Had a Chev Z-71 4x4. Didn't care for it. Sold it for a huge loss, and bought the Ridgeline which I've had for 11 years now. Love it. Don't drive it much though, I'm always on a motorcycle lol.

I believe it was Motortrend that called the Ridgeline “the pickup truck for people who don’t like pickup trucks”. That kind of sums it up-it’s in a class of its own ( much like our NC’s). The fit a niche that is otherwise unoccupied. My NC has less hp than any bike I’ve owned since I traded my Suzuki T500 Titan for a Kawasaki 750 H2 in 1972-and yet I find it a fun and very enjoyable ride. Like Yamaha used to say “Different strokes for different folks”

I wish the Ridgeline was available with a 6 ft. bed. I would have one if they offered a 6 ft.bed.
I actually am trading down in size from a larger truck. Looking forward to being able to park inside a garage in downtown Chicago without having to spend 15 minutes trying to fit into the spots.

I think 670cc summed it up perfectly here:
Plenty of past sport touring motorcycle models had “actual HP”, better wind protection, and some luggage standard. There is nothing new here.
Heavy ass dad bikes with 100 HP are simultaneously
  • overkill, and
  • boring,
the concept has been mass produced since at least the 1980s

Too heavy, too complex, too slow, not enough of a touring bike, not really sporty either, but you can vaporise your licence in 4 seconds... I don't know... how about buy a used st1300 and 6 months worth of tires, fuel, motels, and carnets?

I wish the Ridgeline was available with a 6 ft. bed. I would have one if they offered a 6 ft.bed.
you can lay a 4x8 sheet of plywood flat in the Ridgeline with the tailgate down. Couldn't do that in my Z-71. ..and the under bed tail trunk is really handy..kinda like a truck frunk lol. Also the rear seats/legs fold up flat against the back of the cab giving a lot of room for carrying stuff inside

you can lay a 4x8 sheet of plywood flat in the Ridgeline with the tailgate down. Couldn't do that in my Z-71. ..and the under bed tail trunk is really handy..kinda like a truck frunk lol. Also the rear seats/legs fold up flat against the back of the cab giving a lot of room for carrying stuff inside
The thing that few truck owners will allow them selves to realize is that a Dodge Grand Caravan with Stow-N-Go seats folded down will haul 4x8 sheets with all the doors and the rear hatch closed. Need to go get six or eight sheets of drywall or plywood? Leave the stupid truck or SUV at home and take the minivan to the lumberyard.

That‘s why my truck is a garage queen. It’s just not very useful.

Hey, maybe the NC is like the minivan of motorcycles? People want to brush it off because they can’t see how useful it is.

The thing that few truck owners will allow them selves to realize is that a Doge Grand Caravan with Stow-N-Go seats folded down will haul 4x8 sheets with all the doors and the rear hatch closed. Need to go get six or eight sheets of drywall or plywood? Leave the stupid truck or SUV at home and take the minivan to the lumberyard.

That‘s why my truck is a garage queen. It’s just not very useful.
I remember at one time Dodge ads showed them putting cruiser motorcycle in the back of a Caravan. Not sure it was legit.

I remember at one time Dodge ads showed them putting cruiser motorcycle in the back of a Caravan. Not sure it was legit.
Not sure if a cruiser would fit but I have put a Ruckus scooter or a small dirt bike in mine. A friend of mine once bought an ATV and hauled it home in his minivan. The seat anchor loops in the floor make great tie down points. The main limitation of vans in general is cargo area ceiling height.

I actually am trading down in size from a larger truck. Looking forward to being able to park inside a garage in downtown Chicago without having to spend 15 minutes trying to fit into the spots.
Melensdad...born and raised on the NW side, Edison Park. St. Monica's then St. Juliana's parish.

Not sure if a cruiser would fit but I have put a Ruckus scooter or a small dirt bike in mine. A friend of mine once bought an ATV and hauled it home in his minivan. The seat anchor loops in the floor make great tie down points. The main limitation of vans in general is cargo area ceiling height.
I know for a fact that you can put a DR200 in a Town and Country

Melensdad...born and raised on the NW side, Edison Park. St. Monica's then St. Juliana's parish.
Calumet City, south sider. St. Andrew the Apostle parish.

Then tp Whiting, IN (walked across the state line to flee insane taxes) and St John the Baptist parish. Still have family in Calumet City.

Now rural Indiana due east of Kankakee, IL.

Can't see the NCX getting any modifications for a year or two minimum. It's just had a refresh.
I would like to see the 1100 DCT engine in a naked road bike like the NC750S we have over here.
Never happen unfortunately as they only sold 10 :)
It seems to be official that the 2022 NC750X is unchanged. Even the color is the same in USA.

I sat on an AT AS Es on Saturday. Thinking about that platform as a touring bike and I bet it will sell in big numbers. I believe it will capture the NC owners who are looking for something different and the AT prospects who do not want to spend a couple of grand making the bike more appropriate for touring. It will check a lot of boxes across different rider demos, despite some of its shortcomings.

We are planning a trip to Italy, and I will try hard to try to ride one while there.

Hope you find one to ride. A first hand ride report would be cool.

Me too! The family I am travelling with are dual citizens of Italy and the United States with homes in both countries. Why that is relative to the NT is that they can import the bike legally then transfer ownership to me. The answer is yes; I like the bike (on paper) that much.

Back