• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

If/when the NT1100 comes state side

https://www.hotcars.com/the-honda-nt1100-is-a-slimmeddown-africa-twin-for-the-road/

Take it for what it is worth. Definitely confirmation bias is in play as I was searching for news about the NT coming to the USA. It is nearly an ideal bike for me (on paper) and will remain optimistic.

"Honda NT1100 is slated for Europe only for now and will be offered in 3 simple shades - Iridium Gray Metallic, Pearl Glare White, and Graphite Black. The European prices start from £11,999 (~$16,500) for the base trim and go up to £12,999 (~$18,000) for the DCT-equipped one. There is no news on a North American release or its pricing, but rest assured, it will be at our shores next year!"

I would love to take the NT1100 out for a quick spin. I hope it does come to the states eventually, but if things continue like they are around here, a test ride will be out of the question. I was shopping for (and eventually bought) a new Kawasaki KLX300SM for my son this year, and could not find a single dealer in the state who was willing to offer a test ride, even standing there with cash in hand. Seems like dealers either don't have the stock to designate any of the new bikes as demo bikes, or they all realize you will just have to buy one without the ride, and if you aren't willing to do that, the next guy will be.

The NT1100 offers a lot of the styling and function I like about the NC with the addition of a little more power when you twist the wrist. I think I would miss the frunk and the fuel efficiency too much to ever give up the NC though. I was really interested in the VFR800 CrossRunner as well, and that never made it over here either. Maybe I'm supposed to live in Europe.

I might just wish for a few tweaks to the NC750x DCT models. Throttle by wire. cruise control, heated hand grips, centerstand, 12v socket in the trunk AND on the outside somewhere, a slightly larger tank (by a gallon or so) and the 750 would be a serious competitor to this new bike. We may not ever see the new bike this year, and if we do, we will be seeing long waiting lists to buy one at a premium price. One can be assured that if there is a waiting list there will be a premium add-on price at the dealer, just because.

I might just wish for a few tweaks to the NC750x DCT models. Throttle by wire. cruise control, heated hand grips, centerstand, 12v socket in the trunk AND on the outside somewhere, a slightly larger tank (by a gallon or so) and the 750 would be a serious competitor to this new bike. We may not ever see the new bike this year, and if we do, we will be seeing long waiting lists to buy one at a premium price. One can be assured that if there is a waiting list there will be a premium add-on price at the dealer, just because.
Throttle by wire is already now standard. https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/nc750x/specifications

I agree that the fuel tank size is a sore spot on the NCX series.

I don’t get putting throttle by wire on the bike and not adding cruise control (and, to a lesser degree, traction control or “ride modes”). Does anyone care about throttle by wire in the abstract? To me it’s just the necessary tech to get cruise control. On a “commuter” bike like the NCX, that seems an enormous miscue.

Drive by wire eliminates the throttle cables and associated adjustments and eventual failure. Also, and to me more importantly, drive by wire allows the ECM to make continuous adjustments to idle speed and air flow, allowing the engine to run an optimal air/fuel ratio for for emissions control and proper cat converter operation. Easy cruise control is just a bonus with drive by wire.

Drive by wire eliminates the throttle cables and associated adjustments and eventual failure. Also, and to me more importantly, drive by wire allows the ECM to make continuous adjustments to idle speed and air flow, allowing the engine to run an optimal air/fuel ratio for for emissions control and proper cat converter operation. Easy cruise control is just a bonus with drive by wire.
Don't forget that throttle mapping actually is different in the various ride modes as well. User mode gives the best demonstration of it. That could not be done without TBW. Cruise is nice for long rides but for city commutes and country road riding is not useful. I had cruise on my last bike and never used it.

I had cruise on the bike I traded in on the NC, but it was a big sport touring bike, and I used it a lot. I would use it on the NC too if it had it. Just today I ordered one of those GoCruise type things that wedges against the brake lever. I know its not a real cruise control, but hopefully it will work good enough during the times I want to take advantage of it ( long flat empty spaces between the cool curvy up and down places)

Just today I ordered one of those GoCruise type things that wedges against the brake lever.
Will the placement of the GoCruise interfere with the operation of the D/N switch on your '21?
I thought about adding one to my '20, but I'm fearful that the arm sticking out on the GoCruise will interfere with the operation of my D/N switch.
I know they changed the placement and style of the D/N switch for the '21 model.

Will the placement of the GoCruise interfere with the operation of the D/N switch on your '21?
I thought about adding one to my '20, but I'm fearful that the arm sticking out on the GoCruise will interfere with the operation of my D/N switch.
I know they changed the placement and style of the D/N switch for the '21 model.
I dont know at this point but I dont see how, it goes on the throttle tube inboard of the switch. I think I just spotted one like Im getting on shinobigamis pic in the DCT stuck in neutral thread, post #22. You can just see it and the silicone band in the right in the pic.perhaps he will see this and comment

l'll let you know for sure as soon as mine gets here. It was $12 on amazon so I wont be out much if it doesnt work, but it got like 4 1/2 out of 5 stars in reviews for whatever they are worth lol

I dont know at this point but I dont see how, it goes on the throttle tube inboard of the switch. I think I just spotted one like Im getting on shinobigamis pic in the DCT stuck in neutral thread, post #22. You can just see it and the silicone band in the right in the pic.perhaps he will see this and comment

l'll let you know for sure as soon as mine gets here. It was $12 on amazon so I wont be out much if it doesnt work, but it got like 4 1/2 out of 5 stars in reviews for whatever they are worth lol
Yes, thanks for sending me the link to the pic.
I may be wrong, but in the GoCruise applied position, isn't the arm sticking out horizontally toward the rear of the bike, blocking your thumb from reaching across to the D/N switch while riding, thus not allowing you to change modes while riding with the cruise engaged?

Yes, thanks for sending me the link to the pic.
I may be wrong, but in the GoCruise applied position, isn't the arm sticking out horizontally toward the rear of the bike, blocking your thumb from reaching across to the D/N switch while riding, thus not allowing you to change modes while riding with the cruise engaged?
I think its the opposite. In the applied position, you push the arm down against the brake lever, and that would rotate the thumb thing up and out of the way, but who knows Ive never had one so I'll find out when mine gets here and let you know. Not sure which model dduelin has, butif he has used one for 80k miles, it cant be too much of an issue

I think its the opposite. In the applied position, you push the arm down against the brake lever, and that would rotate the thumb thing up and out of the way, but who knows Ive never had one so I'll find out when mine gets here and let you know. Not sure which model dduelin has, butif he has used one for 80k miles, it cant be too much of an issue

I have used Brakeaway and Atlas throttle locks before, but never the GoCruise type.
If you're right about the lever not causing interference with your thumb and the D/N switch, I might give one a try.
So, I'm waiting with bated breath on the outcome of your install.

Just looked at the Go Cruise instructions on line.
You are absolutely correct.
The arm rotates away from the rider and rests on the top of the brake lever when setting the throttle lock in its activated position.
There should be no interference with the D/N switch on any model year of NC with DCT.

Last edited:
Honda lately seems to put more emphasis on seat cosmetics than on seat comfort. It would be wishful thinking to assume the NT1100 seat is any more comfortable than the NC’s seat. From what I have learned from trying 7 seats on my NC, my first reaction upon seeing a photo the NT’s seat was that it was a torture device, particularly that pronounced thigh/buttock cutting ridge.

View attachment 47203
Have you tried a Russell Day Long seat? I have one on my NC, very happy with it. I also purchased the Russian made lift to eliminate the sloping. This is my second Russell seat, Good service, well made, worth the wait & price.

Just realized I would have to remove the throttle side Grip Puppy to install the Go Cruise, then cut about 1” off the Grip Puppy to reinstall it. I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze for me. I really don’t need a throttle lock for the type and duration of riding I do.

Have you tried a Russell Day Long seat? I have one on my NC, very happy with it. I also purchased the Russian made lift to eliminate the sloping. This is my second Russell seat, Good service, well made, worth the wait & price.
Yes, I tried a Russell Day Long. I hated it; I could hardly ride the bike (reach the ground) with those seat side wings. I concluded that the Day Long might work best on the NC if the rider has 34”+ inseam, which I don’t.

Just realized I would have to remove the throttle side Grip Puppy to install the Go Cruise, then cut about 1” off the Grip Puppy to reinstall it. I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze for me. I really don’t need a throttle lock for the type and duration of riding I do.
Stretch the silicone band over the grip puppies. That's what I did on my NC700. No problems.

Back