ignition switch replacement - bike won't lock

Skinnymoss

Reaction score
Visit site
i've had an 2015 nc700x Manual for 2 years. amazing bike. Problem is, it wont' lock any more tilting steering wheel to the left. Ive tried it all. Went to the dealer and they said a replacement igniton switch, but they don't have any in stock.

Anyone know where I can get one, so I that I could replace it/and get a new key set to lock my bike?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i've had an 2015 nc700x Manual for 2 years. amazing bike. Problem is, it wont' lock any more tilting steering wheel to the left. Ive tried it all. Went to the dealer and they said a replacement igniton switch, but they don't have any in stock.

Anyone know where I can get one, so I that I could replace it/and get a new key set to lock my bike?
If the dealer has no ignition switch in stock (unlikely that they would), can’t they just order one from Honda?

I have never inspected the NC ignition switch closely, but if I was replacing it I would see if the lock can be disassembled easily. If so I would swap the pins or wafers between the old and new locks so the old key would fit in the new lock.

Last edited:

Skinnymoss

Reaction score
Visit site
If the dealer has no ignition switch in stock (unlikely that they would), can’t they just order one from Honda?

I have never inspected the NC ignition switch closely, but if I was replacing it I would see if the lock can be disassembled easily. If so I would swap the pins or wafers between the old and new locks so the old key would fit in the new lock.
That’s something I can look into thank you for the suggestion. I’ll put it in my garage every day, but that one time I go into the city and my bike is gone that will be awful.

davidc83

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bi
Visit site
That’s something I can look into thank you for the suggestion. I’ll put it in my garage every day, but that one time I go into the city and my bike is gone that will be awful.
If you are worried about the bike being stolen, I would use a high quality cable lock and chain...that little pin in the front wheel which locks the front wheel to the left would be easier to break than cutting thru a high quality cable and lock.