• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm glad ONE of us was paying attention...

as i said in some other thread related to video cameras-in my case guy did same exact maneuver,but he did finished it,almost causing the crash. and when i used my horn as an expression of "wtf". he pointed at speed limit sign with his middle finger. at the traffic light i stopped right next to him and asked-whats your problem? he speed up away going x2 of legal speed limit while calling police. then he turned to the our local police station(and i did same out of curiosity what the hell he is going to complain about ?). officer shows up and 'victim' said that i'm harassing him..oh well.. it least he didn't cried on policeman shoulder :D
officer write down my info and let me go, but a**le stayed. maybe he is going to press the charges on me, i don't know..

Last edited:
now i'm seriously considering installing ether wide angle chest camera(so my speed would be recorded, along with situation on the road) or multiple synchronized cameras with time stamps.

To be fair you probably came "out of nowhere" to the black car. His view of you was probably blocked by the two white trucks until you appeared from out of behind them. Good job keeping an eye on him though. Did you mark him as a potential threat as he sat there waiting to dart across two lanes of traffic without a traffic light?

BTW, one of my pet peeves are vehicles that cut across the left turn lane when making 90 degree turns onto a multiple lane thoroughfare. If a motorcycle or a small car suddenly appeared in the left turn lane from the big blind spot behind the big white workman's truck he might have honked at you.

To be fair you probably came "out of nowhere" to the black car. His view of you was probably blocked by the two white trucks until you appeared from out of behind them. Good job keeping an eye on him though. Did you mark him as a potential threat as he sat there waiting to dart across two lanes of traffic without a traffic light?

BTW, one of my pet peeves are vehicles that cut across the left turn lane when making 90 degree turns onto a multiple lane thoroughfare. If a motorcycle or a small car suddenly appeared in the left turn lane from the big blind spot behind the big white workman's truck he might have honked at you.

A local veteran rider was just killed last week under similar situation- a car pulling out onto a street without seeing the motorcycle, due to another vehicle obscurring the bike for that crucial second or so.

Now I'm not sure if the car darted out in front of the truck, or pulled out just after the tail of the truck had passed**, but result was the same. :( Also, to me, going by the pictures I saw, it seemed like the car was turning across the double line in an illegal left hand south bound turn, versus just a wide right turn north bound into the center lane. Which is still a no no, but again, the only result that matters, was the motorcyclist was killed.

accident.jpg

** picture not to scale; if the car proceded after the truck, the bike and truck would have been proportionately further back than the rough drawing shows.

Last edited:
That is a tough one. Your the lead vehicle on a left hand turn with traffic blocking the view. I'm sure the car was probably looking for a chance to sneak into traffic and I doubt they could see your stop light change colors based off the angle of the car. Good thing you were paying attention. The first time they probably saw you was when you cleared the white truck.

I guess I saw it completely different.
I mean no disrespect, but it looked to me like the
Black car was the one paying attention.
He's the one who saw you and stopped.
I didn't see you slow down, swerve or take any defensive action.
Please don't take offense. That's just what I saw.

It looks like the car view was blocked by other cars,or was just pulling into the middle .either way good job on looking out for it.

ok.... It happen to me too.
car blocking and another car was making a left.
I came around the blocking car and saw the car making a left in front of me.
He honked & I honked. I jammed on my brakes (abs) and I stopped.
I learned to: be very careful at intersections. If you can't see around the car. don't blast through it.

*also, my horn is after market. I couldn't stand the meep meep honda horn. Changed it out for a MORE LOUNDER horn. Glad I did.

be safe...
ken

I guess I saw it completely different.
I mean no disrespect, but it looked to me like the
Black car was the one paying attention.
He's the one who saw you and stopped.
I didn't see you slow down, swerve or take any defensive action.
Please don't take offense. That's just what I saw.

That car was on my radar as soon as it started to move forward, about the middle of my turn. I was paying attention.

She probably heard my horn before she saw me, and that's why the driver stopped. That's why I used it. I believe I was heard
before I was seen. At roughly the 10 second mark, you can see I moved to the far right of the lane, almost on top of the white line to distance myself from the space I felt the car was headed to occupy. I still had the shoulder to move onto if the driver had made the full monty move into the lane. I also gave it more throttle when I saw the possibility of the car entering my lane. Slow down/apply the the brakes to avoid trouble? Sure, as long as there's no one following close behind me. I just started my own acceleration after the light turned green, so anyone following me would be doing the same (accelerating). Not a good scenario for hard braking, or any braking, IMO.
I was too focused on the black car to worry about a mirror check to see if a car was close behind me.

The luxury of a detailed analysis wasn't available at the time it was happening, so I made the choices I did ;)
-And no offense taken by me.

Last edited:
Did you mark him as a potential threat as he sat there waiting to dart across two lanes of traffic without a traffic light?

]

The car got my attention when I saw it began to move forward at about the middle of my turn. I headed for the right side of my lane, anticipating a hostile lane takeover lol.

That car was on my radar as soon as it started to move forward, about the middle of my turn. I was paying attention.

She probably heard my horn before she saw me, and that's why the driver stopped. That's why I used it. I believe I was heard
before I was seen. At roughly the 10 second mark, you can see I moved to the far right of the lane, almost on top of the white line to distance myself from the space I felt the car was headed to occupy. I still had the shoulder to move onto if the driver had made the full monty move into the lane. I also gave it more throttle when I saw the possibility of the car entering my lane. Slow down/apply the the brakes to avoid trouble? Sure, as long as there's no one following close behind me. I just started my own acceleration after the light turned green, so anyone following me would be doing the same (accelerating). Not a good scenario for hard braking, or any braking, IMO.
I was too focused on the black car to worry about a mirror check to see if a car was close behind me.

The luxury of a detailed analysis wasn't available at the time it was happening, so I made the choices I did ;)

I have the same thought process a lot of times which his one reason I wish the NC had a little more power. I get nervous about slamming on the brakes for the exact reason you stated. The idiot behind me is most likely not paying attention. I probably would have done the exact same thing you did based off your explanation.

I bet your right about the car not seeing you but hearing the horn. The white truck in the turn lane seemed quite tall and the car was low to the ground. I'm pretty sure they could not see anything over it.

All that really matters is your Ok. You saw a hazard, reacted to it, and avoided an accident.

I dont get why you felt the need to p[ost the video as this sort of thing happens daily and its part of the risk you take sharing the road with other road users

I want to apologize. I rewatched the video from a laptop instead of my cellphone this time and saw you move over and toot the horn. My mistake and thank you for not beating me up over my original post!

Back