• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm not tryingto be patronising- just sayin

Great clip. Demonstrates my friends technique perfectly. He is also good at wheelies !

Griff i didnt doubt you, honestly, as kids im sure we did that on a made up game of races a kind of push bike relay when there was maybe 6 kids and just 2 bikes as one was getting off the next kid was getting on and the bike never properly stopped. It would have been a kool youtube video tho eh? :)
And theres me still with the problem of the now too short side stand testing it everytime i park (or sometimes dont park ha!) terrified the damn bike is totally gonna fall over and i'll look like a right twat! All the gear and no idea!

*update
Ok so theres a vid already, course there is duh!

Last edited:
as kids im sure we did that on a made up game of races a kind of push bike relay when there was maybe 6 kids and just 2 bikes as one was getting off the next kid was getting on and the bike never properly stopped.

I have seen the same technique many times with folks on bicycles. However the reason in such instances over here, was not for the purposes of a Kids game. I remember seeing it being done as a child and trying it myself with disastrous consequences the first time. The folks (of all ages) who I saw doing it, had a good reason. They were masterful at it. Such skill came from riding bicycles with badly worn brake blocks. It was easier for them to slow the bicycle as much as the blocks would allow while standing on the left pedal, and then jump off and trot to a halt for the last few yards. I thought it looked easy...........:(

Griff, at least you tried, i was the starter and time keeper, i never tried - not nearly brave enough! In my defence i was the youngest in the wee street gang by 18 months :) i did knock my front teeth out coming off my chopper tho.......ah those were the days.....

One of Rawhyde's instructors uses that same technique shown in the video. He was behind me this last year at the Overland Expo ride when I hit a large chuck hole. Somehow I did not go down, but the impact caused my plastic tool tubes under the rear fender of my bike to explode. This vertically challenged Rawhyde instructor jumped off his adventure beemer using the technique in the video and had picked up most of my stuff that was in the tool tubes before I could even get my bike stopped to get off.

Back