Impressive Rider on NC700X

fratermus

Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's "gymkana" if I remember correctly. A display of skill in a particular activity, although in the US I think most people think cars and bikes.

itlives

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seen these type things before but not with the NC. I have a long way to go to even make it through that course.

Todd L.

Reaction score
The NC was made for stuff like that with its very low center of gravity. Great advertisement for the handling prowess of the bike's design. Try that on a V-strom.

greenex

Reaction score
I am speechless. I can only hope I can be a fraction of that good some day.

Saxeus

Reaction score
Yes, this is the kind of skill that I find most impressive. As far as I remember the rules are fairly straightforward: only street-legal bikes (including tyres) but open to any type; run the course as quickly as possible; penalties for knocking over cones or putting foot down other than where allowed. I don't think the class distinctions have anything to do with engine capacity or type of bike - its all just the rider's skill level since the whole course is pretty much done in 1st or 2nd gear.

RWD

Reaction score
I also was impressed with this when I saw it first time and also don't know that it was gymkhana.
I looked for any info about Honda CB400SF (Super Four Vtec High Revo) one of the best balanced and reliable motorcycle from honda only for JDM and few more Asian Country.

[video=youtube;qpFkxMiSMpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpFkxMiSMpQ[/video]

like those crash bars
[video=youtube;uMRDK8B4Q_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMRDK8B4Q_s[/video]

Last edited:

rpvanoyen

Reaction score
Some 20 years back, I did some of those figures during my riding test (eight within 20x40 ft, turn within 20x13 ft, slow & high speed slalom, emergency stop etc...), though at much lower speed than in that video. :cool:
Nowadays, I wouldn't make those tight turns anymore, as I am too concerned to damage my own bike as my insurance doesn't cover own stupidity. ;)
On the other side, I know I have plenty of riding experience AND my NC has the lowest point of gravity of all motorcycles I know. I recently DID a full turn within the 20ft our local roads are wide. :)