• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Improving rear brakees

My last bike with rear drums was a Vulcan 750. Then I moved to a ST1100 then a Voyager 1200. The rear disc on the ST1100 scared me for a while because it was very powerful compared to the Vulcan. But I adjusted and don't think I ever locked the rear wheel. The best thing I did for the brakes on the Vulcan 750 was install stainless steel brake lines (only the front brakes were hydraulic). Nice improvement over the 20 year old rubber hoses...

Anyway, the my '12 nc700x rear brake feels more like than Vulcan drum brakes than either bike I've owned with rear disc. I'm tempted to "upgrade" to stainless steel lines but slightly too little brake is better than locking the rear wheel (I did that on the Vulcan avoiding deer and a car).

I say "upgrade" because the stainless steel lines are much better than 20 year old rubber lines. But are they better than 6 year old rubber? Since I can lock up drum brakes, I'm leaving it alone for now.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Back