• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

In a little bit of a pickle mounting Tusk Panniers

jggassert

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: Revzilla will not take the PLX1111 side racks back...they are now for sale. I need the PL1111 instead.

Alright brothers and sisters.

So I ordered the large Tusk pannier set. I dry fit everything and anticipated some issues. Well of course, as these things go sometimes, unanticipated issues arose.

What I am working with-

Givi PLX1111 Side Case Racks Honda NC700X 2012-2015

Givi 1111KIT Honda NC700X 2012-2014

The offset gives me about 3" of space at the bottom that I need to fix. I was initially just going to use the threaded holes at the bottom but now the gap is more than I know how to deal with.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455995585.729338.jpg

I am comfortable with the spacing above the exhaust.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455995606.164475.jpg

This is how I attached at the top after removing the monokey latch.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455995636.001836.jpg

I am open to suggestions. My fear is that I will have to return the Givi rack and go with something else, it was the least expensive option that I could find online. Of course there were no images of just the rack, only the rack with the Givi bags already attached.

I know someone else mounted the tusk panniers but I never got a response as to what rack he used.

"The best medicine in a fight is fire superiority"

Last edited:
I'm not riding right now. Not until I can get the case secured.

"The best medicine in a fight is fire superiority"

The PL is for their monokey case, the little nubs that hold everything is just held on with bolts. Doing a custom setup you'd just have to take them off, no need for cutting.

I've got a question about the Tusk setup. I was going to go with the Givi PL1111 racks and the Givi E22 cases, but then I discovered the Tusk cases. I can get 10L more storage for the same price and with better looking cases (I'd like to go with the medium size).

My question is, are these removable once you mount on the Givi racks? Or would there be a way to make these removable? I'm mostly commuting on my bike so I wouldn't want these installed all the time. It looks like your install will make them permanent.

Also, looks like the PL1111 is going to be the best option.

I've got a question about the Tusk setup. I was going to go with the Givi PL1111 racks and the Givi E22 cases, but then I discovered the Tusk cases. I can get 10L more storage for the same price and with better looking cases (I'd like to go with the medium size).

My question is, are these removable once you mount on the Givi racks? Or would there be a way to make these removable? I'm mostly commuting on my bike so I wouldn't want these installed all the time. It looks like your install will make them permanent.

Also, looks like the PL1111 is going to be the best option.

I have mine installed on the PL1111 racks and I drilled mounting holes that line up with the bottom threaded holes and one at the top. They don't "quick release" but I can get the both off in 5 mins or less.

So, you didn't use the c-clamps like the first pick on the old rack? I'm not the best DIYer, so I'm hesitant to pick these up. I'm leaning towards the E22's for the ease of install and use and saving up for something sturdier next year. I might go with the SW-Motech rack now and get their boxes next summer.

So, you didn't use the c-clamps like the first pick on the old rack? I'm not the best DIYer, so I'm hesitant to pick these up. I'm leaning towards the E22's for the ease of install and use and saving up for something sturdier next year. I might go with the SW-Motech rack now and get their boxes next summer.

No i realized I ordered the wrong racks. I initially was trying to mount with the PLX111 and that was an epic fail.

Standby and I'll go to my garage and take a couple pics real quick.

So I used the original hardware for the bottom and for the top I picked up a few "replacement knobs" (item # 424689) from Lowes for the top and then just put a nylon lock nut on the back side. The boxes are rock solid. I wouldn't put more than 15 pounds or so in them but I haven't really tested the limitations thus far. Just light loads for commuting.

Just take your time and make sure when you drill your holes that everything is lined up.

93d4131a4cdb99fa4f05d8dad6c80855.jpg

2cfbf0fe22625de74b26dbec9fcbd76b.jpg

Primum non Nocere

Last edited:
Back