• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Inexpensive slip on that is not junk, does it exist?

Lebowski

Reaction score
Visit site
For a model I did not even know existed before buying it, I am giddy about my 2014 nc700x, and even though my first time riding it made me 'woohoooooooo' like I was snowboarding in 2' of fresh powder I want to hear more of the exhaust than the stock muffler puts out. That being said, I would rather not spend $500 on a pipe, but I don't want to buy a piece of ebay/amazon junk with a misspelled akropavic sticker on it. If you have a pipe on your bike that has held up and wasn't too expensive please let me know. I don't want it super loud, just more of the deep rumble.

Delkevic SS20 9" shorty
Delkevic is a UK company and their product is made in China.
It is far from junk.
High quality materials and construction, and the welds are robotic; perfect.
It is one of only a few aftermarket mufflers that has the tab for the centre stand stop welded on.

View here for the install and sound on my bike:

Nothing you put on it is going to be super loud unless you also purchase a de-cat header that does away with the catalyzer/catalytic converter/whatever you want to call it. Any of the Delkevic or Danmoto slip ons seem to be of decent quality. Almost put on on mine, but I opted for the carbon fiber Yoshi instead.

I have always wanted this GPR exhaust, but have never pulled the trigger. I think it looks good on the bike and members who have added one had pretty good overall sound.
It's in the $300 range and they have a bunch of different designs.

I prefer the quieter sound of the stock but would like a deeper tone and smaller-looking can.

Last edited:
Delkevic SS20 9" shorty
Delkevic is a UK company and their product is made in China.
It is far from junk.
High quality materials and construction, and the welds are robotic; perfect.
It is one of only a few aftermarket mufflers that has the tab for the centre stand stop welded on.

View here for the install and sound on my bike:
NICE !

I have always wanted this GPR exhaust, but have never pulled the trigger. I think it looks good on the bike and members who have added one had pretty good overall sound.
It's in the $300 range and they have a bunch of different designs.

I prefer the quieter sound of the stock but would like a deeper tone and smaller-looking can.
Your link takes me to a pair or $4,000 headphones...almost the cost of my NC!

There's no real performance to be gained by replacing the stock exhaust. Honda tuned it well for a budget bike.

So you want a different sound then? Try one of these:

with one of these:

and a pair of these:

For only about $670 you could get an Akrapovič slip on. It would net you the following amazing benefits:

Power +0.3 kW at 6150 rpm
torque +0.7 Nm at 3400 rpm
weight -1.2 kg

Your wallet will also be significantly unburdened as well. ;)

Last edited:
For me, it is a tyle upgrade though the vast majority of mods I've made have been to make the bike look better. But I do think the overall sound can be a nice extra with a different slip-on.

I guess that's why I just haven't pulled the trigger myself yet.

Just make sure that your new muffler, whatever you choose, does not direct hot exhaust gasses forward you panniers. I met a guy who melted a hole through his Givi side case. He factor exhaust was aimed back, the aftermarket exhaust was aimed a little higher. Burnt right through his side case. It was probably worse than you can see in the photos as the case is a 2 layer plastic case, the outer layer was deformed around the perimeter of the hole and the plastic burnt and brittle from burning. The inner layer was mostly just melted. It was actually on fire. There is damage to the exterior seal so it is no longer weather proof.

Simply pointing out that modifications can have unintended consequences.

J-hz7-Jj-QSgycs3-QMJU3l1w.jpg

6-Fw-DNq-XYSBedc3e-Lt38f-EA.jpg

y34-SEug-YRn-K9-S5-C4nvbt-OA.jpg

For me, it is a tyle upgrade though the vast majority of mods I've made have been to make the bike look better. But I do think the overall sound can be a nice extra with a different slip-on.

I guess that's why I just haven't pulled the trigger myself yet.

Agree with you.
The stock muffler looks sad compared to the Delkevic can I installed.
The throatier sound under load is a bonus.
To me it is not at all obnoxious like a can on a 4 cylinder crotch rocket, emitting that high pitched annoying howl.
After coming off a Goldwing that sounded like a Honda Accord unless hot on the throttle, I wanted a motorcycle that sounded like a British twin from the 60's.

There's no real performance to be gained by replacing the stock exhaust. Honda tuned it well for a budget bike.

So you want a different sound then? Try one of these:

with one of these:

and a pair of these:

It's not so much that Honda tuned it in any particular way, it's that the head only has one exhaust port for an engine that has 2 cylinders....meaning changing up the exhaust really doesn't allow for a increase in air flow that is significant enough to gain any performance. This is why it is not necessary to install a fuel controller when changing the exhaust on these bikes unlike most other bikes.

The throatier sound under load is a bonus.
To me it is not at all obnoxious like a can on a 4 cylinder crotch rocket, emitting that high pitched annoying howl.
After coming off a Goldwing that sounded like a Honda Accord unless hot on the throttle, I wanted a motorcycle that sounded like a British twin from the 60's.

I test rode a 2020 Honda Goldwing and found the exhaust annoyingly loud while droning down the freeway. The older wings sounded better to me. The quiter the better as far as I'm concerned.

Jah, thanks for all the feedback. I chose the Delkevic 9", $209.00 shipped from the Delkevic web site with all the fixings needed to mount and optional baffle. I can't wait to hear it on my bike.

My bike came with one of the fake Akro clone exhaust with take carbon fiber. I peeled off the Akro sticker, which exposed a dent and showed me how thin the body is. It works well enough and isn't loud because of the cat. It actually does sound pretty good, just a hint of rumble. My last 2 bikes were a Buell and Yamaha Warrior, both with 'race' exhaust that were overly loud. So I'm happy at the mild exhaust sound.

To the casual observer, it looks nicer than stock. So I'm not going to replace it until I have to, unless I find a deal on a used one or it starts falling apart. I do hate the take carbon fiber. I know it's a cheap product but keep spending money on other things. In fact I just brought home a Harley XR1200 with V&H exhaust on it.

For $40-50, I might get one if I needed one. Like say I dropped the bike and wanted to fix it cheap. But it isn't an upgrade over stock, think of it as a bandaid or cheap paint job that looks decent from 10 feet away.

My bike came with one of the fake Akro clone exhaust with take carbon fiber. I peeled off the Akro sticker, which exposed a dent and showed me how thin the body is. It works well enough and isn't loud because of the cat. It actually does sound pretty good, just a hint of rumble. My last 2 bikes were a Buell and Yamaha Warrior, both with 'race' exhaust that were overly loud. So I'm happy at the mild exhaust sound.

To the casual observer, it looks nicer than stock. So I'm not going to replace it until I have to, unless I find a deal on a used one or it starts falling apart. I do hate the take carbon fiber. I know it's a cheap product but keep spending money on other things. In fact I just brought home a Harley XR1200 with V&H exhaust on it.

For $40-50, I might get one if I needed one. Like say I dropped the bike and wanted to fix it cheap. But it isn't an upgrade over stock, think of it as a bandaid or cheap paint job that looks decent from 10 feet away.
Yamaha Warriors are badass bikes! I have had 2 of them. My last one had V&H Bigshot exhaust with the Thunder baffles. It sounded like a drag car! I loved it.

Back